Wednesday, October 6, 2010

#222 unofficial etsy featured seller - tinylovetreasures

#222 unofficial etsy featured seller - tinylovetreasures
Date joined etsy- 2/23/10
Sales to date - 361-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

I'm Trisha and I live in Oregon, although I was born & raised in Honolulu, Hawaii. I came to Oregon for college, met my husband and ended up staying. We have 2 little ones (a 2 1/2 year old and an 8 month old) and 2 dogs (Kobe, a Shiba Inu and Nalu, a deaf weiner dog). My favorite ice cream flavor is Tillamook Mud Slide, mmmm .. although lately I've been on a Peppermint Candy ice cream kick.

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

An average day starts off with me getting up and getting ready for work, I'm a 2nd grade teacher. My husband gets the kiddos ready while I'm getting ready and I take them to school with me to meet the babysitter. After spending the day with 24 awesome second graders, I go home with my kiddos. I spend time playing with them and getting dinner ready. Then some family time with everyone, dinner, baths and bed for the kids. After that I spend time on my etsy orders for the day and get ready to do it all over again!

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

My mom is very artistic, so I get my crafty-ness from her. I remember making my own thank you cards when I was little with watercolor paint and making t-shirts with puffy paint. :)

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

I haven't been on etsy for very long, but have always loved browsing and shopping on etsy .. so I just went for it and finally opened up my shop while I was on maternity leave in between naps!

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

It took about a month after I actually started listing items in my shop.

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

I can't think of just my top 5 favorite foods .. I love Japanese food, Korean food and Hawaiian food .. all the food I can't get here in Oregon.

We canceled our cable recently, insert sad face here. We've been watching a lot of Discovery channel shows lately, Deadliest Catch, Man vs. Wild, and all those Planet Earth and Life shows.

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

I think that doing glass work would be so fun, blown glass and stained glass because I think it's so gorgeous.

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

I would suggest providing great customer service, happy customers spread the word about my shop and I appreciate that so much!

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

It's A Sticky Situation
Sweet Peas Shoes
It's Sew You Boutique

-One year from now, I hope...

to be balancing, etsy, family, work gracefully!


--
Have an etsy shop with over 300 sales and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)