Thursday, October 28, 2010

#225 unofficial etsy featured seller - RandomSacksofKindnes

#225 unofficial etsy featured seller - RandomSacksofKindnes
Date joined etsy- 6/15/09
Sales to date - 324
Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

My name is Shannon Schnittker living in Southern California with my husband, 5 kids, a dog, and fish. I wear many hats. I'm a wife, mom, nursing student, and many more!!! I love to be creative! I've been sewing since 11 years old and have done many different crafts in my time.

I can't cook, but I can bake and I make breakfast for dinner. I have a life-sized Red Power Ranger in my living room.

I really push recycling at my house and my kids are very eco-savvy. If they can't find a recycle bin when we are out and about, they will save the bottle or can until we get home to put it in our recycle. I'm very proud of them!

We have a composter in the backyard and hope to get some fresh soil this spring for our annual summer garden! We grow mainly tomatoes, but also strawberries, onion, squash, and cauliflower. I make tomato relish which is absolutely delicious on hamburgers! When I can, I reuse my Trader Joe's jam jars!

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

Wow, an average day. Let's see. I get up, make the kids' lunches, get breakfast ready, taxi the kids to school, study for my classes, sew, work on my shop, check on the virtual labs, maybe a chat room, pick up kids from school, afternoon snacks, homework, dinner, bath, book, bed... whew! I wish there was more time in the day!

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I was very creative growing up. I made a pretend bank in my room and made checks with my sewing machine by stitching the top of a pad of paper and then perforating it so the checks would tear nicely. Who knew you could sew on paper? And here I am dying eggs with my mom.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

I started selling on Etsy when a friend told me about it. I thought it was an ingenious idea! A world-wide craft faire 24/7! I love it!

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

It took about 3 weeks before I got my first sale. I learn a lot in the virtual labs and hang out there when I can to share tip and other great info!

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

Favorite Foods
Donuts, chocolate, Mountain Dew, Nuts & Chews, Craisins
Favorite TV
LOST, Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Heroes, X-Files
Favorite Bands
Nickleback, Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass Band, Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra

Favorite Quote:
Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing?

Phlebotomy

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

Check out the virtual labs, they have lots of great information! Spread your items among different categories that make sense. Try not to put all your eggs in one basket.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftyHedgehog
http://www.etsy.com/shop/buttfreckle
http://www.etsy.com/shop/lovelia

-One year from now...

Not sure but you might find me chasing my kids, the dog, studying, and baking cookies.




--
Have an etsy shop with over 300 sales and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)