Tuesday, November 23, 2010

#232 unofficial etsy featured seller - kodashii88

#232 unofficial etsy featured seller - kodashii88
Date joined etsy- 08/3/08
Sales to date - 324-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

My name is Tadashii. I am a 24 year old mad tinkerer/dreamer from Pasadena California. Currently I do not have any pets of my own, but within my household we have a yorkie named Roscoe, the biggest little dog in the world.

I am in an exclusive relationship with baked goods, especially cookies. Never met one i did'nt like (but i am sure they loathe me for obvious reasons)

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

A typical day for me consists of

1. Coffee.

2. Standing in one place contemplating the mysterious goodness of cookies.

3. Jumping on the computer to answer convos and emails.

4. Working on design ideas, photographing items, drinking more coffee, packaging orders to ship, and yet again, another cup o' joe.

5. Work, work, work. My mind is always on ON.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

Growing up, i always ALWAYS took things apart. From christmas tree lights, to old televisions, nothing was safe around me. My mother caught on early to my "creative" personality, and
encouraged me to express myself in whatever positive artistic way i could.

She took me to get my first earring at 9, my first facial piercing (eyebrow) at 15, attended all of my clarinet concerts, and singing gigs. Read all of my very dark and sometimes disturbing poetry, made homemade halloween costumes, washed my paint covered shirts and pants, dyed my mowhawk all colors of the rainbow, swept up my metal covered carpet after an all nighter with an old typewriter (yes, i took it apart), and never failed me when life seemed meaningless. She is the bestest.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

I decided to start selling my work on etsy out of sheer wanting people to see me through my creations, and not just me as a "handsome young man". I knew i was so much more than a face, teeth, and torso, i knew i was a volcano of ideas that were just begging to overflow into the world.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

It took me a few months to get my first sale on etsy. After that another followed, and then the sale train all but vanished from the earth. Starting in april of the following year, things started to pick up a bit, i started to take more pride in my photography, thought long and hard about the items i wanted to offer, and I never get more than 4 hours of sleep ( if that ) a night. I wouldn't have it any other way. I am a work-a-holic of the worst sort. I don't stop the beat until the drum explodes.

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

My top 5 bands/musicians current and past are:

1. Red Hot Chilli Peppers

2. Pat Benatar

3. Sade

4. Florence and the Machine

5. Celine dion (yes, i said Celine dion)

So many many more, but you said five, and rules is rules.

Top 5 foods:

1. Cookies

2. Green peppers

3. Turkey breast

4. Breakfast cereal

5. Water (it should be a food)


Top 5 t.v. shows;

1. Weeds

2. Any national geographic documentary

3. Avatar the last Airbender

4. The Big C

5. Nurse Jackie

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

Eventually, i would love to start a line of super badass military/industrial/steampunk inspired handbags. Just you wait ; )

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

To all new sellers i would suggest you listen to your heart, head, and wallet. Don't do anything you don't love. Never spend too much time exhausting your brain for ideas, let them come naturally, and never spend what you don't have to spend. You don't wanna end up in the poor house because you wanted to add jet packs to your knitted cowls. Create, relist, and give the best damn customer service you can possibly give. It WILL pay off.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

Some of my favorite Etsy shops are

Cubid.etsy.com

DrCraze.etsy.com

MantaWave.etsy.com


-One year from now...

A year from now, i see myself learning from the footsteps i left behind, and smiling in anticipation with the footsteps to come. The journey never ends....


--
Have an etsy shop with over 300 sales and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)