Thursday, January 6, 2011

#242 unofficial etsy featured seller - SavageArtworks

#242 unofficial etsy featured seller - SavageArtworks
Date joined etsy- 1/26/08
Sales to date - 968
-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

My name is Terry. The last name shouldn't be too difficult to figure out. I live in Vancouver BC Canada, a wonderful place. My husband and I are now empty nesters, with all 3 of our kids out on their own. We have one dog at the moment, she was rescued from an animal shelter many years ago. We have always had all sorts of pets though. Not a big ice cream eater, but when I do, it's chocolate.

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

I go to real work in the morning. It's a 4 hour job at a local elementery school, running a lunch program for inner city kids. Then I come home and catch up with emails, orders and things in the forums. I do a bit of exercise, any household chores, make supper and spend a bit of time with hubby. Then I get to do something I look forward to all day, and that's take myself into my studio, I have a TV in there so I can have on my favourite programs and paint. I work until bedtime usually, which is at 11.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I loved to draw. Back then it was animals, and pop art posters. My mom is very talented and we used to do art and crafts together all the time. I really got inspired from her.
-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

I am shy and have a hard time selling in person, so I stopped. Someone told me about Etsy and it sounded perfect for me, and it was easy to start. I wanted to get a feel for selling online and expected it to take time. I really was hoping to make a small business for when I retired, even though that is a little ways off.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

A week. :)

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

Foods: lasagna, potato chips, chocolate, bacon, cherries ( I had to put one healthy thing in there)
TV Shows : Criminal Minds, NCIS, The Walking Dead, Survivor, Destination Truth
Bands: The Cure, The Beatles, Ok Go, Fleetwood Mac....I give up. Too many different ones and different styles to decide.

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

I'd love to knit well, and play the guitar. I would also love to make things with wood, but am kind of afraid of power tools.
-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

Put on your snark proof pants and check out the forums on Etsy. Be respectful and you can get people to go to your shop and you can learn a lot.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

hard to pick 3
-fing (cute felted animals)
-littlewoodpeople( like it says, but very weird and creative)
-moonscreations (amigurumi)

-One year from now..

I would love to be doing pretty much what I'm doing now. But I would be happy if business was busy enough for me to do it full time.

--
Have an etsy shop with over 300 sales and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)