Monday, February 7, 2011

#247 unofficial etsy featured seller - 2kute

#247 unofficial etsy featured seller - 2kute
Date joined etsy- 1/5/08
Sales to date - 326-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

My name is Rose and right now I am living in FL dreaming about moving to NC. I have 3 children, the oldest two are twin girls, married with families of their own. My youngest is 18 and still trying to figure out what he is gonna do with his life. Then I have my furry babies. I love my furry angels.
The 'top dog' is my Bambam, she is a yorkiepoo. Then we have Ellie, she is a terrier mix of some sort, she is a daddy's girl. We also rescued 2 more dogs Cage and Mercy. My son is a cat person and he has 2 cats, Cadmus and Kenny aka El Diablo.
I love to eat (don't we all?) and my favorite part of a meal is the dessert. I am crazy for cakes, cupcakes, pies, ice cream.... and most important of them all: chocolate :o)

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

I try my best to accomplish the most with my days. I have some chronic health issues and some days I can't do much. First thing I do when I get up is feed the furries their breakfast, then I head to the coffee pot. I am very particular when it comes to coffee and I always buy Starbucks, coffee gotta be strong. Then I get my faithful laptop and check my shop, messages, emails, facebook, tweeter, see what is going on with my buddies, sometimes even spend a few minutes in the etsy chat room. Then after some light cleaning, I crochet. I crochet almost the whole day (cleaning and cooking get in the way)...

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I was not very creative growing up. I almost failed Kindergarten because I couldn't use a pair of scissors, however I could color within the lines :o) Coloring was always fun!!! I lack skills when it comes to using a pair of scissors and tying a bow.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

Back in 2003 I had a stroke and had to quit my job as a nurse. I thought I was gonna be back on the swing of things in no time. Well, it didn't quite work that way, I kept getting sicker, so by 2004 I was going nuts I was so bored and feeling useless. So I picked up crochet which I had done a little bit back in my teen years. Got some yarn, some hooks and a couple of books and taught myself new stitches and going beyond the granny squares. In 2007 one of my sons-in-law told me about etsy and that I should go for it. I was so scared... and I procrastinated until 2008 when I took the plunge (omg, I was gonna put pics of my work online, what if no one liked what I did?)

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

Even though I signed up in Jan, 2008, it took me about 3 months to muster up the courage to list. After I listed a few items I had my first sale in about 6 wks.

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

While I am crocheting I like to keep the TV on, I love criminal shows and Criminal Minds, Law & Order, CSI NY, First 48 are on the top of my list. And House, cannot forget Hugh Laurie now can we???
I also enjoy music. Love Pink Floyd, Journey, Bee Gees, Bryan Adams, Josh Groban....

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

I would love to learn how to knit. Just the basics would make me happy. I think the stitching is so pretty... I am really hooked on fibers and any kind of work done using them.

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

Get everywhere online, Facebook, tweeter, forums, chat rooms... make your 'name' known. Be nice to people, always, and they will remember you.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

Three???? How can I choose only three???? I will try
www.etsy.com/shop/BOWquet - this is where I shop for Bambam's bows.

www.etsy.com/shop/paperprincess34 Love her ruffled pants. Miranda is so very talented and a sweet person.

www.etsy.com/shop/hillsidebakery She makes the best buckeyes ever (told ya I like food) and she is a wonderful person.

-One year from now...

In one year I hope I will be living in NC, feeling better and crafting more. Maybe even broaden my crafting skills. I want to go around NC doing fairs on the weekends with my husband. Regarding etsy I wanna people to be thinking 'I sure need a 2kute hat for this winter' :o)
(Bambam, the shop mascot)


--
Have an etsy shop with over 300 sales and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)