Tuesday, June 8, 2010

#138 unofficial etsy featured seller - Homako

#138 unofficial etsy featured seller - Homako
Date joined etsy -11/11/08
Sales to date - 312-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

-I am Yoko and I am Japanese.I moved to Los Angeles in Oct 2009 to be a wife of cutie american boy.We met in Japan and had long distance relationship so long.We have our baby dog called "Poppin" like Mary Poppins but No "S".(Yes! I love Mary Poppins!)
I love to take silly photos!!I show my photography at flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/homako/

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

-Wake up- Drink Orange juice - walk the dog -get on the computer to check mail and of course etsy - start creating until I get hungry - cook some japanese food - drop my creations at the post office - talk and play with Poppin - Watch Japanese comedy with husband - Go to my most favorite place called "BED"- Sleep at least 9 hours - then start over
-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

-I love love animals when I was kid. I was serious to make a zoo at my house.I had 15 parakeets and 3 chickens (just as a PET.I didn't even eat their eggs). I even made clothes out of leaves for cats.Maybe It was the first clothes I made in my life.
My Grandma had sewing machines and made clothes for kids.Then I learned how to sew and knit from her when I was in 4th grade.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

My husband and friends loved my creations, but I didn't think people like my stuff that much. Then I showed them on flickr and some people asked to buy them. So I started selling my stuff on etsy.

How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

one day.
-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

Foods: cookie ice cream sandwich, gummies, sweet potato fries w/ blue cheese, dango (japanese snack), sour candies

TV: none

bands: vashti bunyan, tenniscoats, laura gibson, kings of convenience, Shugo Tokumaru

Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing?

i want to learn how to make silicon plastics so i can make my own beads and buttons.
-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

just be nice, be silly, and be original.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

http://www.etsy.com/shop/kikosattic
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SharonMontrose
http://www.etsy.com/shop/vintagejane

-One year from now, I hope my number of sold items is... 777!!!



--
Have an etsy shop with over 300 sales and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)