Saturday, June 26, 2010

#148 unofficial etsy featured seller - mujoyas

#148 unofficial etsy featured seller - mujoyas
Date joined etsy -3/5/08
Sales to date - 302
-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

Hi, my name is Muriel, I’m 24 years old, student of Industrial Design and Metalsmith for the last 6 years. I live in the beautiful city of Buenos Aires, in Argentina.
I love chocolate, so chocolate ice cream would be great! I also like to travel, share a “mate” with friends, go to the cinema, to art exhibitions, and a lot of more…

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

Well, days I have to go to university I get up early, travel one and a half hour to get there, the class last four hours, and then I return home. (Luckily I don’t have to travel anymore for the day :) When I come back, the first thing I do is turn on my computer, and check all… mails, Etsy, Flickr, Facebook, etc. Then I have lunch, and I’m ready to go to my studio to work.
Days I don’t have to go to university I spend almost all day at my studio working and the rest of it, studying and making models.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I always had an interest in art and craftwork. I remember, when I was a child, I wanted to be an inventor when I grow up.
As a teenager I started by my own to work with german silver wire, and then I decided to learn how to work with metal in a more professionally way.
-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

Well, I first found the website (I don’t remember exactly how, searching in google I think…) and I instantly loved it. I thought it was a perfect place to sell my products because of the emphasis Etsy makes on handmade products. Also, I saw a great opportunity to sell worldwide, a very exciting a new experience to me!
And the most attractive thing… working at my workshop and selling through internet at the same time at home, that’s a pleasure. :)

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

I think one or two days, I was very lucky… my first buyer was an argentinean girl who also has an Etsy shop, munieca (www.munieca.etsy.com) Don’t miss the opportunity to visit her beautiful shop of art , paper jewelry & paper crafts.

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

Top 5 favorite foods: I have a sweet tooth, so… chocolate, cakes, brownies… I also like all kind of seafood .
Bands: Radiohead, Catupecu Machu (is a local band), Rammstein, Bjork, Metallica, just to post a few.
-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

I would like to learn how to make pottery and sewing, but in a couple of years, I have to graduate first ;).

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

I don’t know if I’m the best seller to say this but from my experience I think great photos are essential, a great description of your products and conditions, variety of products, and a lot of promotion! Promote your products everywhere you can, show everyone your work, your latest activity and your workshop.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

Agustina Fernandez Orfebre www.aforfebre.etsy.com
2212 jewelry www.2212jewelry.etsy.com
Paola Zakimi www.holli.etsy.com

-One year from now, I hope my number of sold items is...

600



--
Have an etsy shop with over 300 sales and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)