Wednesday, January 27, 2010

#13 unofficial etsy featured seller - twolefthands

#13 unofficial etsy featured seller - twolefthands
Date joined etsy - 4/16/07
Sales to date - 786

-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

I'm a pretty dull girl! I live on a little lake in Michigan. I have been married for 38 years, yikes! My three grown kids, their spouses and my nine grandkids live within walking distance which makes it fun in the summertime. The grandkids hangout morning, noon and night! I have 2 spoiled dogs, Muffy is a Shitzu and Poker is a Cocker Spaniel. I would be lost with out them!

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

An average day...make coffee, check Etsy, start a project or finish a project, check Etsy again. Make a treasury if they are coming, do some more stitching, check Etsy....take pictures, list, go to bed!

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I think I was creative. I loved drawing and I have loved embroidery since I was about 12.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

My daughter Natalie, www.humblebea.etsy.com opened her shop about a month before me. Then she got me hooked. We love it!

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

I got my first sale 2 1/2 weeks after joining Etsy and got 2 at the same time!

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

I love all Italian and Chinese food. I love Desperate Housewives, The Tudors, and The Middle. I am a huge fan of Matchbox Twenty and the TransSiberian Orchestra (I listen to them all year long).

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, etc.

I always wanted to knit or crochet and admire anyone who can do it. I have tried to learn but never been able to get the hang of it!

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

I am not very good at promoting. I do try to list something new everyday. If I have nothing new to list I renew something. I do make a lot of treasuries, which is also a great way to meet friends on Etsy and get your name out there. Also good pictures are very important!

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

Wow! Only 3 shops? I love my daughter's shop www.humblebea.com, www.silvia66.etsy.com,
and www.boringsidney.etsy.com. plus about a 1000 more shops!


-By New Years Eve 2011 I hope my number of sold items is ______.

I hope to hit 1000 sales in 2010!




--
Have a successful etsy shop and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)