Saturday, January 30, 2010

#16 unofficial etsy featured seller - originalfindings

#16 unofficial etsy featured seller - originalfindings
Date joined etsy - 2/7/08
Sales to date - 5975Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

My two Boys (Austin and Levi), my Husband and I live in Northern California and I do mean Northern we are in between the the Oregon Boarder and Sacramento. We have two dogs that drive us all crazy. We love them but they are a hand full. One is a Chawinnie (Chuwawa and wienner Dog mix) and the other a boarder collie. Both love to play.

I can not eat ice cream but my favorate would be Chocolate. Chocolate anything is wonderful.

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

My day starts with getting my oldest boy off to shcool. Then the youngest and I go to work. Levi loves to help with packing the orders. Everyday he packs his own packages up and takes them to the post office. They have a special spot where they put all Levi mail.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I have done some sort of craft all of my life. When I was young my Great Grandmother watched me while my mom and dad were at work and she crocheted and sewed and just did all sorts of things, so I learned many of them from her. My mom is very talented as well and has also passed on may craft trades to me.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

I have made Jewelry for a long long time now and have paticipated in many many craft fairs. When Austin (my oldest) started playing sports it was time for me to take a break from that part of my life so that I may enjoy him with his passion. I didn't want to stop making jewelry and a friend had mentioned Etsy. I do have a little shop with my jewelry in it. I had been selling supplies on other venues and once that was going decided to added Etsy as a selling place as well. Being in such a rural area it was very difficult for me to get items, so I decided to start carrying them myself. My favorite part about selling on Etsy is when customers convo me and ask if I can find something for them. I love tracking things down. I would have to say I am not always successful at it, but I love when I can send a convo back and say I found it!!!!!!
-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

With my Jewelry it seemed like it took for ever, but with supplies not so long.
-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, etc.

I would love to learn how to knit, no one in my family knits. I have never learned it and I see such wonderful items on Etsy that people have Knitted.
-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

I love Craft Cult. I would highly recommend advertising there. http://craftcult.com/
-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

This changes constantly for me. I love right now how everyone has come together for Haiti, so my fav is http://www.etsy.com/shop/HeartsforHaiti
- for something yummy http://www.etsy.com/shop/mermaidcaramels

-By New Years Eve 2011 I'd like to have _____ amount of sales.

If I doubled last years sales, I would be extactic


--
Have a successful etsy shop and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)