Tuesday, May 4, 2010

#110 unofficial etsy featured seller - GreetingsthatGrow

#110 unofficial etsy featured seller - GreetingsthatGrow
Date joined etsy -1/12/09
Sales to date - 419

-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

Anna, I live just a few minutes from Lake Erie in western NY. I have 3 lovely daughters and 3 (sibling) kitties that are 4 years old--we adopted them from our local SPCA when they were only babies. We also adopted their 1 yr old mom for my mom that year for Mother's Day. I love ranch dressing, salad, tea. My latest fave ice cream is Ben & Jerry's Half Baked!

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

Up @ 7:30 to get oldest to school, online to send & respond to emails, lunch, nap for two little ones, work on orders, make paper, etc. Pick oldest up from school, mail orders, possibly a trip to the park or playground or working in gardens, pick hubby up from work, make dinner. Cozy time with kids, then more emails and working on orders. Bed between 11pm and 1am--depending upon how much work I have to finish.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I have always been a very creative, visual person. I have loved nature since I was a little girl, same with photography and writing. I love being in or at least near water. I greatly enjoy watching animals and learning about them. I started writing and crafting and playing with a camera when I was like 5 or 6 years old and never stopped.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

I thought it was a great venue for creative, handmade items and it was a way to work from home while my girls were little.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

I think a few days to a week after I listed my first items. ( My first shop was a photography shop where I sold prints and then later the plantable cards, that was back in spring of 2008).

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

Lasagna, capizzi steak, watermelon, apricots, iced tea, ice cream, lemon meringue pie; House, Fringe, Lie to Me, Bones, Hell's Kitchen; Red Molly, Lady Gaga, Simple Plan, way too many more to list!

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

I would love to learn to make laundry soap some day

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

get on twitter

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?
lusciouslather.etsy.com , bearcengic.etsy.com , MmmMmmYummy --I have purchased from all of them and they are awesome sellers, crafters and people in general. =)

-One year from now, I hope my number of sold items is... 1,000.





--
Have a successful etsy shop and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)