Friday, May 28, 2010

#134 unofficial etsy featured seller - finestimaginary

#134 unofficial etsy featured seller - finestimaginary
Date joined etsy -11/2/06
Sales to date - 404

-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

My name's Kim, and I live in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, UK. It's a large town situated close to the countryside and between two major UK cities. I live with my boyfriend (who's a super clever astrophysicist), two kitties, and 3 fish in a cute and colourful house that we're in the process of renovating.

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

The alarm goes off at 6am every week day, and we press the sleep button 3 times (without fail) and end up getting out of bed at 6.30am. I check emails from over night whilst watching the BBC news and drinking coffee. I get ready for work (the day-job! boo!) at 8am and walk to the office, stopping off at a local coffee shop on the way for another latte. In my day-job I'm a web developer/designer, a skill which has lent itself neatly into my other-life as a creative. Lunch times I spend in coffee shops of the library, reading or sketching. When I get home I do more design work, process orders that have come in throughout the day, head to the gym, watch a miriad of TV boxsets (Lost, buffy, torchwood, true blood etcetc) and relax.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I've always been creative, but I did also want to be a vet until I was about 16. However, the creative side won out and I ended up doing a degree in interactive art. I would say, though, that my degree was pretty pointless and the work that I do now is completely separate from it. Oh well! :D

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

I've used several online portals to sell my wares, from my own site to ebay, but when etsy came along it seemed the perfect place to get more exposure for my products whilst getting to know like minded sellers – everyone's trying to make it in their craft, it's lovely!

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

I had an account for a while without actually having any items for sale on there, but I'd say it took me a good few weeks!

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

Wow, hard! I'll do them in no particular order :D

Food...
Tacos, indian curry, ramen, icecream & bread (uum yeh, fresh warm bread.. super good)
TV shows...
Doctor Who, GLEE!, Lost, buffy & true blood (these change every so often!)
Bands...
AFI, coheed & cambria, the smiths, lady gaga & brand new (5 is a small number, just went by my top 5 recent plays on lastfm!)

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

I'm *always* trying my hand at new things, crochet is something I've been learning recently. I'd really love to try embroidery again soon, too.

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

List, list and list some more! Then hit the forums, get chatting! Browse etsy and add items to your favourites, strike up relationships with fellow sellers. Make treasuries!

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

http://www.etsy.com/shop/HidenSeek – We have two prints by this illustrator on our landing.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/berkleyillustration – And we have 4 by this illustrator, too
http://www.etsy.com/shop/emandsprout – my good friend Lindsay runs this cute shop with adorable shoes & shirts.

-One year from now, I hope my number of sold items is...

1000! I'm bringing in some new products in the next few days and I'm hoping everyone will like them! :)


--
Have an etsy shop with over 300 sales and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)