Saturday, May 8, 2010

#114 unofficial etsy featured seller - pixiepaper

#114 unofficial etsy featured seller - pixiepaper
Date joined etsy -12/23/07
Sales to date - 440
-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

Hi I’m Theresa and I’m from Michigan, the “mitten state”. I live in Comstock Park, it’s slightly north of Grand Rapids. I’ll be celebrating my 20th wedding anniversary this year, where has the time gone? We have 3 great kids, Cassie 14yrs, Abby 10yrs and Zach 7yrs. They have my crafting gene and enjoy cutting, punching, stamping, and gluing right along with me. We have a dog, she’s a Schnoodle (a poodle/schnauzer mix) she’s a feisty little ankle biter weighing only 8 pounds. Her name is Pixie, the inspiration for my shop name PixiePaper. My favorite flavor of ice cream is vanilla, pretty boring right? When I want to get a little crazy I add toppings.

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

My day usually starts at 5:30, I have two main priorities: make coffee and check Etsy. After getting the kids up and off to school I head out to my part time day job. On my off days I get to stay home and craft all day, I throw in a little house keeping along the way.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I have always been crafty. I started officially scrapbooking 14 years ago. Rubber stamping and making greeting cards came later and I’ve been hooked ever since.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

A sweet friend, Natalie of humbleBea introduced me to Etsy. Natalie, her Mom Liz of TwoLeftHands as well as Alice of RunAliceRun and PipingHotPapers have been wonderful mentors. Their tips and insight have been so helpful.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

After joining Etsy I waited a couple weeks before listing, I wanted to learn my way around a little. When I started listing, I had my 1st sale the next day. I was so excited!

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

Favorite foods: Mexican, pizza, tuna casserole (weird I know), brownies and cheesecake

TV shows: American Idol, Survivor (I might be a reality tv junkie), Grey’s Anatomy, Desperate Housewives

Favorite bands: I like a lot of different music….from Colbie Caillat and KT Tunstall to Aerosmith and Lenny Kravitz.

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

I’ve always wanted to learn to sew, it seems easier than it really is. I’ve tried a couple times and it wasn’t pretty, so for now I’ll stick with paper.

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

I think Treasuries are wonderful!! Not only are they a fun way to meet other Estians but it’s another creative outlet.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

Only three??
http://www.monicaj.etsy.com She is one of the nicest people I’ve gotten to know on Etsy.
http://www.loveartworks.etsy.com Her whimsical pottery makes me smile.
http://www.katherynmd.etsy.com Her shop makes me want to make another pot of coffee, I love her photos.

-One year from now, I hope my number of sold items is...

A year from now I’d like to be a lot closer to my ultimate goal of 1000 sales.


--
Have a successful etsy shop and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)