Monday, February 1, 2010

#18 unofficial etsy featured seller - partybots

#18 unofficial etsy featured seller - partybots
Date joined etsy - 3/18/06
Sales to date - 901
-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

Partybots Eco-Apparel & Art - We are based out of Brooklyn, Berlin & Seattle as of March 3rd 2010. We have no kids that work for us, and no pets, but love animals. Favorite ice cream is any flavor from Coconut Bliss. So delicious.

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

There is no average day - it is different all the time which is perfect. I work in small spurts throughout the day since I juggle so many different projects. Email is a constant factor with incoming orders. Adding new product/artwork to our store. Taking photos, writing artwork descriptions, BLOGs, interviews, drawing, business responsibilities, etc... Its is one of those things that happen 7 days a week, but it is worth it.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I have always drawn, painted and designed projects. Since I was a little kid all I wanted to do was be an artist when I grew up. Somehow I got stuck doing graphic design for seven years. Took me awhile to figure out that you can be a living artist without having to do graphic design as a means of income.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

I have been selling online since 2003. Heard about etsy from a friend - posted some products. It got to the point where my etsy sales were doing better then my own website - so I just switched it all over to make it simple.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

It took a long time for me to get my first sale. Signed up in March and got my first sale in December. Etsy take a lot of work and thought to sell. There are are newer t-shirt vendors, a lot of them in fact. They seem to be doing a lot better out the gate then I did.

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

Udon Noodles, Stella, David Bazan & Riding Bikes are four radical things.

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, etc.

Working on larger art installation - reason for being in Berlin.

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

Post and be on your store at least once a day. Always have something new and fresh.

-By New Years Eve 2011 I'd like to have 75k amount of sales.


check out their site for more info - http://www.partybots.org



--
Have a successful etsy shop and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)