Wednesday, February 17, 2010

#34 unofficial etsy featured seller - stinkybomb

#34 unofficial etsy featured seller - stinkybomb
Date joined etsy - 9/4/08
Sales to date - 409
-Give us some basic info about you.

I live with my ubber talented husband, a soon to be 2 year old and our deaf puppy dog in Columbus, Ohio. I am currently raising our daughter at home, while working daily with Stinkybombs. My down time is spent serving on a few local and civic creative arts group in our town. Or you can find me on twitter and facebook. I live and play on online.

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

Most days start with a crying baby and mid-morning snooze. Then it's coffee and seeing the husband off for work. I'm either attending to Olivia or to my online affairs. I'll fill some orders, make a lunch and then wash, rinse and repeat. When the weather warms I'll throw in a walk with the dog and a stroller ride to the playground.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

Yes. My grandmother taught me to sew at an early age. We made pillows out of old jeans. I dabbled in a good amount of things as I grew older; photography, ceramics, candle making, beading, fiber arts.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

Before Stinkybombs I had an Etsy Shop, moogancreations, where I made stuffed creatures. Etsy was a no brainer because of the audience you could reach, the user friendly set up and the low shop cost. I followed the same path with Stinkybombs.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

I was fortunate that a few friends and fellow crafters were my first Stinky customers.
Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

Food: Anything Mexican! Anything Indian, A tasty burger with a beer. I'm a giant foodie. If it's well made with good ingredients you can put me down for seconds.

Tv Shows:
Dexter, True Blood, The Wire, Project Runway and Lost

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, etc.

I'd love to spend time really learning how to paint and how to run a letterpress.

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

Renew, renew, renew. Social sites are also a great way of getting your name out there.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?
www.plushteam.etsy.com
www.tsurubride.etsy.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/HowToUseArt

-By New Years Eve 2010 I hope my number of sold items is 1000.
A girl can dream.



--
Have a successful etsy shop and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)