Wednesday, February 24, 2010

#41 unofficial etsy featured seller - BrokenRoadFarm

#41 unofficial etsy featured seller - BrokenRoadFarm
Date joined etsy - 4/10/08
Sales to date - 1239-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

My name is Jenny Lowe. I live in Waynesfield Ohio. I am married and have two ornery kids - both cute little redheads. We live on a small farm raising a variety of rare (and some not so rare) animals - sheep, ducks, chickens, rabbits. They keep us busy.

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

I work part time, but my passion is baking. Not a day goes by that I'm not in the kitchen working away. I'm always busy with something. I'm not one to be idle.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

Yes, I was very creative and started my own craft business when I was 15 years old - selling my own floral arrangements, handpainted items, etc. From there it moved to baking. I have been baking and tinkering in the kitchen since I was 12. I've always enjoyed it.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

I heard thru the local news that etsy was a really great outlet for selling homemade items so I checked it out. I love it here and the people seem really nice.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

If I remember right it was only a day or so. Things started out slow, but has really grown like crazy.

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

I love pizza, chinese food, and of course CHOCOLATE! : )
I don't watch much tv - the kids have taken over the tv with their cartoons. I sometimes wonder if we get any other channels : )
I enjoy listening to Casting Crowns, Third Day and The David Crowder Band

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, etc.

I've always been curious about soap making. I would love to try that sometime. I would also love to make homemade cheese - perhaps use some of our sheep's milk.

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

Use good pictures, offer sales, and be patient. It takes time and hard work to build up a good, reputable shop.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

I love TSCookies, cakeboxcookies, and sugarandflour. They have such beautiful cookies!!

-By New Years Eve 2010 I hope my number of sold items is 2500 items. A big goal and alot of hard work ahead!


--
Have a successful etsy shop and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)