Friday, February 19, 2010

#36 unofficial etsy featured seller - zwzzy

#36 unofficial etsy featured seller - zwzzy
Date joined etsy - 2/4/08
Sales to date - 492-Tell us a bit about yourself name, location, affiliations, personal stuff.

I'm Jen, the nerd behind Zwzzy. Zwzzy is actually an old childhood online alias my dad came up with when all the "gymnast" and "dancer" names were taken, hee hee. I decided it was a super unique and stand out name, which would be great in the big world of vintage selling. :) I sleep and eat in Northern California (bay area) and dream of Isla Mujeres, which I recently visited. Seriously, that island is paradise! Other passions include kitties, ducks, salads, and taking photos in those props where you stick your head through (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3373181&l=cdb3eae91e&id=553841587)

-Apart from creating things, what do you do?

I slave away at an independent record store, and also volunteer at this amazing college radio station. Between that, I'm trying to take tons of trips everywhere I can. 2010 is the year of travel!

-Name your top five books, movies, songs/musical groups, and web sites besides Etsy.

Books....errr...ummm.... WHAT'S THAT OVER THERE!!?

movies:
Labyrinth
Dark Crystal
Return To Oz
Star Wars (yes, all of them)
But I'm A Cheerleader

music:
Mono (Japanese band)
Air's Virgin Suicide soundtrack
Neil Diamond
Can
Suicide

websites:
http://shrinkle.com
http://www.geekologie.com
http://kfjc.org

-What advice would you give to artists who are new to Etsy?

Just relax and become best friends with that little stinger called patience. Come pop in some Virtual Labs (Lab Rats, squeak!). They're totally fun and helpful. And please, learn to use the brightness/contrast tool!! Dark photos make me crazy! ;P

-What are your favorite features on Etsy? What new features would you like to see?

I do love going into the chat rooms, it's been ages since I have though. It's nice to have extra things like that to get to know people and create new friends. Same thing with forums, and treasuries, but those can whip you in the face so fast, hahaha. Like everyone else, I'd love to be able to change shipping prices all at once!

-How do you promote your work?

By wearing a giant cat costume that says ZWZZY! in bright rainbow colors.

-In ten years I'd like to be...

eating a nice big burrito in the Caribbean. ;D


--
Have a successful etsy shop and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)