Wednesday, February 3, 2010

#20 unofficial etsy featured seller - betsy3

#20 unofficial etsy featured seller - betsy3
Date joined etsy - 9/13/07
Sales to date - 1094- Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

Hi! My name is Elena. I've studied architecture and design at Politecnico di Milano here in Italy and I alternate my project activity to that of jewelry designer for some years.
I live with my boyfriend Fabio, who is a photographer I had a dog "Chicca" who died a year ago and just under a year ago we have found "Gaia" a puppy that was abandoned and we were happy to adopt and embrace in our family!
ah ... I forgot my favorite ice cream flavor is...coffee.

- Describe an average day in life of "you".

The alarm started playing about 6.30 in the morning .... and I still say turn it off until 7.30. I sit down to the PC and I check the store, mail order etc ... Then finish the packages to bring to the post office. My boyfriend brings me breakfast and closes the packages that I prepare.(he is an angel I know!) Together we leave for work and arrive in the studio around 9 o'clock in the morning.
For the rest of the day I stay in the studio and corrode side to side between PC designs customer sites and of course etsy! How do I do it? To tell the truth even I don't know!
-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?
I cannot recall any one thing that made me want to become an artist. I was lucky enough to have grown up around a lot of creative people.(My father is a painter) Making things was just as much a part of life as anything else....and Venice drew me to jewelry! I used to spend more or less a week or two in Venice every summer....and every summer is a surprise...find some new treasury, fantastic beads. the most exciting adventure was visiting the Costantini's farm many years ago...many many beads all around!

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

I discovered Etsy a couple of years ago, I was searching for glass pearls to be inserted in my creations and reading the blog of a American lady, who makes glass, I found the link to her shop on Etsy... and from there everything started. I enrolled initially only to buy.... but then I said why not? and so I enrolled on september 2007, but I opened the shop only in January '08.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

After 20 days I made my first sale!!!yeah!

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

I love every kind of Pasta! and I love Risotto! I love watching different series in the original language ... I do not know if everyone knows but in Italy everything is "played" by Italian actors ... the last time I'm watching Damages and The Good Wife.
I love listening music and I am very lucky because with my job I can listen music all day even when I'm in the studio! I love Radiohead, Franco BAttiato, Vinicio Capossela, the Fink, Cake and many others!

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, etc.

I'd really love know how to use the sewing machine.

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

The first thing to do is make beautiful photos ... this is essential ... write precise descriptions and participate actively in life on Etsy and the community for example by making the treasures.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

- masaoms
- tortillagirl
- drikab

-By New Years Eve 2011 I hope my number of sold items is ______.


I can't say it's a secret! ;-)



--
Have a successful etsy shop and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)