Sunday, February 21, 2010

#38 unofficial etsy featured seller - Lanyapi

#38 unofficial etsy featured seller - Lanyapi
Date joined etsy - 8/22/08
Sales to date - 1097-Give us some basic info about you

name: Daisy
where you live: Washington, DC
kids/pets: No kids. But I do have two cats that are brother and sister- Haile and Freckles
favorite ice cream flavor: Peppermint

-Describe an average day in life of "you"

An average day for me includes some sort of workout. My favorite way to get moving is going to a yoga class or swimming laps with my fiance. Then I package jewelry orders, create new designs, and tend to my etsy shop (www.lanyapi.etsy.com) and blog (www.lanyapi.blogspot.com). Then I work on the job hunt. I just relocated to DC from Boston so I've been searching for a job as a media planner at an advertising company. In the meantime, freelancing for a Healthcare branding company keeps me busy. At the end of the day I love to cook a healthy meal with my fiance and kickback and watch our favorite shows or go out on the town with friends.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I've definitely always had a creative streak in me and have always been the artist of the family. My parent's house is filled of paintings I made in high school and college (some that I wish they would take down!) I enjoyed and still love using my hands- knitting, drawing, cooking, and making hand-crafted gifts.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

I wanted to start selling on Etsy when I realized I couldn't keep my hobby going if I didn't start selling some of my creations. I didn't have enough room in my apartment and I need money to make more! I love that Etsy is an easy way to showcase your art to the world. It has given me the confidence to do things I never dreamed would be possible.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

One week. It was an order from an old friend.
-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

Foods:
1. Sushi
2. Gumbo
3. Cupcakes
4. Guacamole
5. Anything French!

TV
1. LOST
2. How I Met Your Mother
3. Sex and the City
4. Seinfeld
5. Weeds

Music:
1. Beyonce
2. Jason Mraz
3. Bob Marley
4. La Oreja de Van Gogh
5. Shakira

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, etc.

I just signed up for a silver jewelry making class where I am going to learn how to make pieces by wax molding and I am so excited! I would also love to learn how to play the guitar, make my own solid perfume, and silk screening clothing.

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

I would suggest that etsy sellers join the social media craze. Join twitter, create a facebook fan profile page, or start writing a blog. Also post new items often- keep it fresh and exciting!

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

Wow that's a hard one. I find a new etsy shop I love everday :-) Here are today's favorites:
1. Photography http://www.etsy.com/shop/aliciabock
2. Frida inspired clothing http://www.etsy.com/shop/minimalista
3. Upcycled bags and luggage: http://www.etsy.com/shop/roundtrip

-By New Years Eve 2011 I hope my number of sold items is 3000.

--
Have a successful etsy shop and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)