Wednesday, July 7, 2010

#158 unofficial etsy featured seller - jeanvadalsmith

#158 unofficial etsy featured seller - jeanvadalsmith
Date joined etsy -9/19/07
Sales to date - 661
-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

J E A N V A D A L S M I T H

Thank you for dropping by and browsing at my artwork!!I have been painting all my life ..just about!!I did my first oil painting when I was 10!

I live in the Southern California area now... but with one daughter living up near Napa ( I visit often) and my other daughter living in San Diego ..I have the best vacation destinations! Two great son-in-laws and two little grandsons and one baby grandaughter...I guess my life is so good these days....

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

My day begins around 6 am by preparing breakfast... a bowl of Total cereal..than head to my computer... checking my convos...and than I pack and get ready to shpp anything I have for the day...I grab some tea and head to my studio ..a bed-room that has become a studio/guest bedroom....if I am painting on wood ..I have to prepare it by sanding and painting it with Gesso and sanding again...when dry..I start painting...I usually have some idea what I am painting but it changes usually as the painting progresses....I LOVE painting...have to paint everyday...
I usually take a brake for lunch around 12 and than head to gym for an hr than back to the studio..I check to see if I need to answer anyone on the site and than start painting again...I try and get 1 -2 paintings done a day..so I have new things up always!!

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I was one of those kids that would rather stay in the house and draw and color than go outside and play!!Give me a giant box of Crayola Crayons and I was in heaven!!I grew up in Michigan and love to paint the outdoors! Michigan birch trees and lakes and streams are some of my favorite subjects to paint! Since moving to California about 20 years ago I now love to paint the Napa valley!!
I mix impressionistic style with Folk art to give a new twist to my work.
Lots of color is always fun....but those moon filled nights and fireflies darting about in the summertime ...I remember those Midwest evenings!!

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

AJ from Sagitarious gallery told me about Etsy back in 2007...when I was looking for another outlet besides Ebay ..so I joined right away ...I had never heard about Etsy before that.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

I sold a 11 x 14 original for $45 the first day...and I was off and very excited...

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

top shows
Oprah
The View
ABC NEWS
FOX News

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

List or re-list items everyday so you are near to top for search results so you get seen often by potential customers
provide great customer service!!
make sure customers know you are grateful for there sale.
I always provide some kind of Thank you note.

Occasionally promote your shop on Etsy's one of many galleries..
I usually do the Painting gallery
for $7 dollars a day...maybe once a month

-etsy shops you just LOVE?

Sagitarius Gallery
Karen Fields Gallery

-One year from now, I hope....

sales 1000+
all 100 %% still positive feedback

spend a bit more time with my grandchildren
and loving life!!



--
Have an etsy shop with over 300 sales and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)