Thursday, July 29, 2010

#177 unofficial etsy featured seller - pila12903

#177 unofficial etsy featured seller - pila12903
Date joined etsy- 11/10/09
Sales to date - 1178
-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

My name is Priscilla Ornelas but everyone calls me Pila.
I live in Fresno, California but was raised in Mendota, California.
I don’t have any kids but someday I’ll have a few running around the home. I do have a 13 year old Chihuahua who I treat like my little princess.
My favorite ice cream is mint chocolate but I love so many other flavors.

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

Well, I wake up every morning around 5:30am and make my husband breakfast and his lunch for work. I start cleaning up the house and if I’m not feeling to lazy, I like to exercise for about an hour and shower. After I get all of that out of the way, I usually ship everything right when the post office opens to beat the crowd. After that, I begin to work on new designs. I list and renew items everyday and I like to update other sites such as Facebook and Deviantart. I’ll work just about all day til my husband gets home. I’m very devoted to my Etsy shop and I love what I do.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I’ve always been creative and I’ve always maintained an interest in beading. I’d make hundreds of bracelets out of pony beads and hand them out to all my friends in school. We were so cool with all those bracelets! I also draw, paint, and play my guitar whenever time allows

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

I’d say my family and friends motivated me to find a venue. They would always compliment my creations and always express to me how well I’d do selling them. So I figured it couldn’t hurt to give it a shot and I found Etsy. I didn’t even bother with ebay; I know how expensive it is.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

Hmm, I believe it took about ten days to get my first sale. It pushed me to list so many items that day. I was so excited and just couldn’t wait to get another sale. It’s quite addicting when you get your first sale. It still amazes me that someone out there in Canada or New York is wearing something I made! It’s a wonderful feeling.


-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

My 5 favorite foods would be; enchiladas, pizza, hamburgers, lasagna, and I do love my veggies! Yes it is not the healthiest menu and I do try to stay away from all those fatty foods but I can indulge once in a while!
My 5 favorite tv shows would be; Friends, Hells Kitchen, CSI, Bones, and Everybody Loves Ray. I do own the complete series of Friends and Everybody Loves Ray.
My 5 favorite bands would be; Metallica, Guns N’ Roses, Chevelle, Shinedown, and Smashing Pumpkins. I love music. There are hundreds of bands that I just can’t think of at the moment.

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

I’d love to try soap making. It seems like fun.

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

List everyday, renew your items, join other sites to promote such as Facebook, Deviantart, Flickr, Myspace, and so on. It is also good to have a little paid advertising. I make lots of jewelry to for myself to wear and occasionally women will ask me where I get my jewelry. Always keep business cards on hand where ever you go; you just never know when you might need them. Make sure your photos are top notch. This is the first things potential buyers see and you want the picture to draw them in.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

Hmm, it is so difficult to pick just three; I really do love hundreds of shops. Off the top pf my head…
http://www.etsy.com/shop/WowWall - this shop has awesome wall decals.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/mstrf - this shop has gorgeous modern furniture.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/bethanylorelle - this shop has gorgeous headbands and wedding items.

-One year from now, I hope...

...to have another 1,000 sales and perhaps be featured on the front page of Etsy. I know it’s a long shot but it would be awesome!
--
Have an etsy shop with over 300 sales and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)