Monday, July 19, 2010

#167 unofficial etsy featured seller - Goobeetsa

#167 unofficial etsy featured seller - Goobeetsa
Date joined etsy- 5/27/07
Sales to date - 398
Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

My name is Brian Gubicza. I live with my wife, Jen in Beverly,MA on Boston's North Shore. My Current favorite Ice Cream Flavor is Snickers.

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

Most mornings are spent packaging/mailing orders.
I do my illustration work during the day, and in the evening hours I trace and cut animals for my
wife's plush business. We try to take a nice long walk every evening to escape our computers.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I was very creative as a child. My dream was to be a cartoonist.
Most days I drew and constructed things with which to play.
I even once built a rudimentary soap box racer out of an old picnic table and some lawn mower wheels. It was great on steep hills.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

I had had some success selling my work in a few art shows, and decided to offer my work to a much larger audience.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

If I remember correctly, It took (1) week to sell an item.

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

Foods

Earl Grey Tea
Corned Beef Reuben (on rye)
Pad Thai
Chocolate Cake!

TV Shows

X-Files
Poirot
Bones
Fawlty Towers
Rocko's Modern Life

Music

John Williams
Bernard Herrmann
David Arnold
Danny Elfman
Hans Zimmer

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

I compose music and enjoy cooking, but I would really love to make more of
a study of both.

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

Exposure.
If you have a product people will enjoy seeing and buying.
Show it to them. Research your target audience and attend fairs

Offering your work for consignment /wholesale, (in shops that you respect) is a great way to expand the size of your audience.

Create a free series of well-made tutorials; or discuss your process. Get everyone interested!

Don't take a lack of sales personally. There are slow times (especially summer). Use that time for work and research.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Zooguu

http://www.etsy.com/shop/reneenault

http://www.etsy.com/shop/chromalab

-One year from now, I hope...

to be making art and living happily with my wife.
--
Have an etsy shop with over 300 sales and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)