Tuesday, July 20, 2010

#168 unofficial etsy featured seller - ozetta

#168 unofficial etsy featured seller - ozetta
Date joined etsy- 8/27/08
Sales to date - 572-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

Hi everyone! I’m Hailey from Ozetta handmade. I live in a small town in Oklahoma where the fall and winter months mean everything to me. I married my high school sweetheart, Nick and we were blessed in October with a little boy, Easton Hank. I have a weakness and it’s called Cadbury Eggs. Thank goodness I only buy them around Easter.

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

My day generally starts off by reading e-mails, conversations, and checking my sold items. I eat breakfast which is Life Cinnamon cereal…always. Get ready for the day. Package all orders from the previous day. Make a trip to the Post Office and drop them off. Then I go home and work on orders or new things the rest of the day. I always cook dinner for my husband. I know the first thing he would want after a long day of working outside is a hot dinner. I try to fit reading in, but during my busy months this has proven to be impossible. I love taking pictures and try to blog every day. And as any mother knows, between, during, and after all of these things, I am tending to my little guy.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

Yes, I was always the creative one in the family. I started crocheting when I was ten years old, but took a long break from it and picked up knitting. However, crocheting is my true passion now. I have always enjoyed reading, writing, and anything to do with yarn.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

Ozetta handmade knits is inspired from my great grandmother who passed away in May of 2007. My grandmother taught me how to crochet, among many other things, and most importantly she showed me to lead by her example in life and that was to do what makes me happy. So I did just that. A little after a year my etsy shop had been opened, I quit my “day job” and started Ozetta full-time. Ozetta derives from my grandmother’s middle name and I thought the best way to be constantly reminded of her, was to do what she loved doing as well. And commemorate her by using her beautiful name. I know she would be proud.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

I listed my first few items on October 12 and sold my first ozetta cowl on October 15.


-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

Foods
Cereal, Watermelon, Squash, Sandwiches, and Cheese
TV Shows
LOST, Big Brother, Americas Next Top Model, Project Runway, and Grey’s Anatomy
Bands
Bon Iver, Mumford & Sons, Third Day, A Fine Frenzy, and David Crowder Band

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

I would love to learn to sew. I have tried many times, but it’s hard when you don’t have someone to really show you. It takes a lot of patience to learn and I applaud anyone who knows how.

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

Take good pictures. This is probably the biggest part of any sale and helps with the amount of people that visit your shop. Make sure your shop looks organized, clean, and subtle. Also, try to re-list things constantly. Answer conversations immediately. There are many things that make up running a shop successfully, but if you truly love what you do, the rest is history.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

Just three?! Agh! Well, of course my mom’s shop cocoabeans.etsy.com, midwestfinds.etsy.com, and theblackapple.etsy.com

-One year from now, I hope...

To still be successful with my shop and sales!


--
Have an etsy shop with over 300 sales and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)