Saturday, August 7, 2010

#184 unofficial etsy featured seller - corrieberrypie

#184 unofficial etsy featured seller - corrieberrypie
Date joined etsy- 11/8/08
Sales to date - 372-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

NAME: Corrie
CITY: currently Durham, NC
KIDS: a sweet quirky three year old boy named Judah, and a little girl on the way!
PETS: a nervous twitchy dog named Albie (short for Albert Einstein)
FAVORITE ICE CREAM: peanut butter or coffee
I once moved NINE times in one year just to be near my husband (then boyfriend) who was still in high school at the time!

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

Life right now is anything but "average". Since I'm in my third trimester and trying desperately to keep up with a lively three year old, I mostly just eat, sleep, play, rest, and hope that at the end of the day everyone got enough hugs and kisses, and maybe that the laundry got

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I'm not sure I was creative, but I certainly enjoyed doing it - and I have my mom to thank for that. She was always sewing, baking, crafting, doing scavenger hunts for us, showing me how to draw my favorite cartoon characters, puff-painting on t-shirts with me...the list goes on and on. She definitely instilled a love of creating in me.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

I actually started my blog first just after my son was born. I was always piddling around with new craft ideas, and coming up with new recipes and thought it would be a good way to share them. Honestly, I didn’t think anyone but my mom and Nana would look at it! But once I started sewing I collected more stuff than our tiny apartment could hold, and it became apparent I needed an outlet to sell my goods. That is when my husband (yup, my husband) discovered Etsy.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

2 days - I had to go look at old sales in the store to find out (which was real funny to browse through!)
-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

FOODS: fruits/veggies, cake, steak, Thanksgiving dinner, my husband's gumbo
TV SHOWS: Friends, Arrested Development, 30 Rock, Saved by the Bell, Dr. Quinn
MUSIC: this list rotates seasonally...but right now I'm really enjoying Mumford & Sons, Lisa Hannigan, Jon Foreman, Sara Watkins, and Regina Spektor.

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc?

Oh man, sure. I'll try anything a few times and see if it sticks! So far, my husband has tried to teach me to throw on the pottery wheel, play banjo, drive a stick shift - all to absolutely no avail. It always ends in laughter and me tossing in the towel. :) I do wish I knew how to play an instrument, or speak another language. Maybe one day!

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

1. Take good photos- Natural light is always best
2. Get to know your fellow Etsy sellers- They are your best resource and most honest critics.
3. Don’t be afraid to do your own thing- It is one thing to draw inspiration from other artists – we all do that. But try not to copy people, it stifles your own creativity.
4. Be kind.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

But I have so many favorites!!! Here are three (right now) - her work always amazes me. I love everything she makes - these images just take me to another place! - so intricate, so inspiring.

-One year from now, I hope...

This question is so hard! I keep answering it and then erasing it. Ultimately, I just want my family to be healthy and all together.

Check out the maternity sale in corieberrypie's shop while it lasts!

Have an etsy shop with over 300 sales and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at
As always, thanks for reading :)