Saturday, August 7, 2010

#184 unofficial etsy featured seller - corrieberrypie

#184 unofficial etsy featured seller - corrieberrypie
Date joined etsy- 11/8/08
Sales to date - 372-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

NAME: Corrie
CITY: currently Durham, NC
KIDS: a sweet quirky three year old boy named Judah, and a little girl on the way!
PETS: a nervous twitchy dog named Albie (short for Albert Einstein)
FAVORITE ICE CREAM: peanut butter or coffee
ETC:
I once moved NINE times in one year just to be near my husband (then boyfriend) who was still in high school at the time!

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

Life right now is anything but "average". Since I'm in my third trimester and trying desperately to keep up with a lively three year old, I mostly just eat, sleep, play, rest, and hope that at the end of the day everyone got enough hugs and kisses, and maybe that the laundry got
done.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I'm not sure I was creative, but I certainly enjoyed doing it - and I have my mom to thank for that. She was always sewing, baking, crafting, doing scavenger hunts for us, showing me how to draw my favorite cartoon characters, puff-painting on t-shirts with me...the list goes on and on. She definitely instilled a love of creating in me.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

I actually started my blog first just after my son was born. I was always piddling around with new craft ideas, and coming up with new recipes and thought it would be a good way to share them. Honestly, I didn’t think anyone but my mom and Nana would look at it! But once I started sewing I collected more stuff than our tiny apartment could hold, and it became apparent I needed an outlet to sell my goods. That is when my husband (yup, my husband) discovered Etsy.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

2 days - I had to go look at old sales in the store to find out (which was real funny to browse through!)
-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

FOODS: fruits/veggies, cake, steak, Thanksgiving dinner, my husband's gumbo
TV SHOWS: Friends, Arrested Development, 30 Rock, Saved by the Bell, Dr. Quinn
MUSIC: this list rotates seasonally...but right now I'm really enjoying Mumford & Sons, Lisa Hannigan, Jon Foreman, Sara Watkins, and Regina Spektor.

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc?

Oh man, sure. I'll try anything a few times and see if it sticks! So far, my husband has tried to teach me to throw on the pottery wheel, play banjo, drive a stick shift - all to absolutely no avail. It always ends in laughter and me tossing in the towel. :) I do wish I knew how to play an instrument, or speak another language. Maybe one day!

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

1. Take good photos- Natural light is always best
2. Get to know your fellow Etsy sellers- They are your best resource and most honest critics.
3. Don’t be afraid to do your own thing- It is one thing to draw inspiration from other artists – we all do that. But try not to copy people, it stifles your own creativity.
4. Be kind.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

But I have so many favorites!!! Here are three (right now)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/spinthread - her work always amazes me. I love everything she makes
http://www.etsy.com/shop/simplyhue - these images just take me to another place!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/knitalatte - so intricate, so inspiring.

-One year from now, I hope...

This question is so hard! I keep answering it and then erasing it. Ultimately, I just want my family to be healthy and all together.


Check out the maternity sale in corieberrypie's shop while it lasts!



--
Have an etsy shop with over 300 sales and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)