Friday, August 13, 2010

#189 unofficial etsy featured seller - FascinatingCreations

#189 unofficial etsy featured seller - FascinatingCreations
Date joined etsy- 12/1/08
Sales to date - 762
Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

I live in Jacksonville, Florida. All of my children are grown, and three of the four of them have children. (Grandchildren are so FUN!)

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

I naturally rise early in the morning, and do some studying. Once complete, my "work" (etsy work) is done between 8 AM and Noon. There are some days when I have to put more hours into my etsy work to keep up with my orders, but my goal is 4 hours. My elderly mother lives with us, so I spend some time with her after I work. Then I do gardening and what-not.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

Yes, I have always been very creative. I call it the "creative monster" inside of me that must be expressed on a regular basis. I enjoyed all sorts of mediums in the craft work. And I have experimented in a lot of things.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

One and a half years ago, our youngest daughter was getting married. She introduced me to Etsy in the planning of her wedding, and explained to me what Etsy was all about. When we went shopping for her dress and veil, and I saw the price of the veils, I decided to make hers! When I realized I could it, I thought, "Oh! This is something I could do make and sell through Etsy!" The rest is history.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

If I remember, it took about two or three weeks. The orders were slow in coming it at first. I researched other Etsy shops and saw that everyone starts out that way. I just decided to hang in there and see what happened.
-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

Chocolate. Coffee. Pizza...

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

No, I have tried many things. And I like what I am doing now. I had a silk flower arranging business before etsy. I did that for 20 years. I also messed in interior design a lot, and made exclusive hand-made gift cards for a time.

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

Post! Re-post and re-post.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

FloralAccents, BeasBoutique

-One year from now, I hope...

to have my daughter working with me full time. She may be moving back to Jacksonville, and is interested in helping me with my wedding accessories. She would be a great asset to my business, and I feel that the two of us could come up with some very good ideas for brides.

--
Have an etsy shop with over 300 sales and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)