Wednesday, August 11, 2010

#187 unofficial etsy featured seller - leandogpottery

#187 unofficial etsy featured seller - leandogpottery
Date joined etsy- 11/6/07
Sales to date - 790-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

My name is Kelly Feaster. I live in San Luis Obispo, California with my husband and 2 kitty friends: Leroy and Chester. No ice cream for me... I am currently trying to avoid dairy products so I make these frozen drinks called "Snoopies" that satisfy my ice cream cravings - its a blended mix of ice, banana, peanut butter, chocolate/carob and rice milk. It's amazing!

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

Every day is different. Throughout the day I'm either on the computer checking email, promoting my shop, adding new items to etsy or I am out in the studio creating stuff or packing orders up. My husband also works from home and so we get to have lunch together daily and take walks or bike rides to get away every now and then.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I remember being creative in a different way than I am now... I would create bike courses for me and my friends to ride on in our front yards and build forts in my bedroom. As a teenager my walls were covered in drawings, magazine clippings, anything you could imagine was on my walls - every inch! Sadly, schools I went to didn't focus much on art in the curriculum - but when we did do some sort of art project I remember being extremely excited and enjoying it.
-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

Honestly, this is how I remember it... I was doing some web searching for how to sell or promote my work online and I just stumbled onto Etsy! First impressions of it attracted me immediately and I joined right then and there.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

My first real sale took a couple weeks, but that was from my aunt... the first sale away from family/friends was 2 months in. I was so excited and I still get excited after every sale... I truly do.

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

FOOD: burritos, indian food buffets, toast with peanut butter, pineapple, and of course... snoopies.
TV: no television at my house, but I do have netflix and I recently became addicted to the TV show Weeds.
BANDS: radiohead, beck, fischerspooner, sneaker pimps, johnny cash

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

I have a strong desire to sew! It seems like such a handy skill to have. You can make your own clothes, curtains, pillow cases, etc.... very, very handy.

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

Re-list at least one or two items daily! That is very important to make sure your items aren't being buried under the items that are being listed daily. Also, take advantage of social networking such as twitter and facebook. It takes time to truly promote on those sites but its really worth it, and its FREE!

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

http://www.etsy.com/shop/wiccked
http://www.etsy.com/shop/higherpurpose
http://www.etsy.com/shop/GlamourDamaged

-One year from now, I hope my number of sold items is...

I'd like to sell 1000 items in one year - so about 1800! Big goal, but I think I might be able to do it.


--
Have an etsy shop with over 300 sales and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)