Tuesday, August 10, 2010

#186 unofficial etsy featured seller - dabbledesigns

#186 unofficial etsy featured seller - dabbledesigns
Date joined etsy- 2/11/08
Sales to date - 1357
-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

My name is Katie, I live in Pasadena, Ca. My best friend (who is also my hubby) and I have two kids, Turbo and Chuwee, our 20lb Maine Coon mix kitty cats. Dabble Designs is my full time job, but I also work PT at a flower shop. I am an avid mixologist, baker, spin cyclist, drummer, music and animal lover. One of the most exciting things I ever got to do is pet a Bengal tiger!

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

An average day in my life is feeding all the stray cats when I wake up, going to work, fitting in some form of exercise, working on my etsy orders, and brainstorming for new ideas. Most recently my husband and I have been renovating our first home...that consumes a lot a time!

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I was very creative growing up, me and my three older sisters were very inventive with all sorts of arts and crafts. I remember vividly turning card board boxes into cars and opening pretend stores with my hand made notebooks and stuffed animals...my mom would come to shop.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

My sister heard about Etsy on the Rachel Ray show. At the time I was working at an exotic animal rescue facility in the mountains. It was such a hassle to drive down the mountain for lunch, so I would sit outside on my lunch hour making jewelry. When my sister told me about Etsy, I thought I'd give it go!

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

It took about 3 weeks for my first sale. I was in Mexico at the time and checked my email everyday in the hotel lobby to see if anything had sold...I was so excited!

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

My top five favorite foods are espresso (is that food?), pad see ew , toast w/ butter & grape jelly (not jam!), spaghetti with turkey meatballs (my own specialty), and frozen yogurt.

My Top five shows are Ghost Hunters, Medium, Hells Kitchen, Breaking Bad, and Malcolm in the Middle

Music is a big part of my life! My top five bands are Dirty Dave Osti & the Dynamites, Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, Godsmack, and The Smiths.

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

I would love to get into sewing! I’ve also been craving roller skating lately…I’d like to get some old school roller skates like the ones I had as a kid. I also would LOVE to take an African dance class. An Alaskan cruise would be awesome too!
-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

I think the best way to promote your shop is click around. Log in and mark favorites daily. Take a look at the inspirational articles and comment on the ones that move you. Get your name out there! I think it also helps to shop on Etsy, I'm addicted!

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

My three favorite etsy shops are santabarbaradesigns, awelldressedbullet, and katherynmd

-One year from now, I hope....

In one year, I hope to be settled in my new home with spare time to vacation! I would also like to be more successful in my business including my new line: Giraffro & Friends

--
Have an etsy shop with over 300 sales and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)