Wednesday, August 18, 2010

#192 unofficial etsy featured seller - plasticouture

#192 unofficial etsy featured seller - plasticouture
Date joined etsy- 4/13/09
Sales to date - 1300
-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

The name is Celia, live with husband and a two year old daughter in LA county.

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

I am a full time product designer and took few jewelry design classes back in college.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

Started playing around with left over parts from class while baby was taking a nap (well, I was bored) and gave it to my mom later.

My mom's friend took the necklace the very next day and gave my mom $20! I guess that would be my very first sale?!!

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

First sale on Etsy was three month after that, I only had 5 or 6 items listed.

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

Don't have a favorite food, I love many things and you can have anything here in LA. ^_^ Music, I do have many soundtracks from Final Fantasies since I also play the game.

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

I made many things while taking classes back in Art Center, worked with wood, fabric, metal casting, 3D model making and lot more.

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

Have a friend who makes sock dolls and my suggestion to her is to put up few items just to test the water first. Don't worry about making a sell because it will happen once your shop matures.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

My top three Etsy shops and all purchased from.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/WhiteEarthStudio
http://www.etsy.com/shop/lovechildboudoir
http://www.etsy.com/shop/therunnybunny

-One year from now...

One year from now, it would be great if I still have my Etsy shop but with more original items make 100% by me from scratch.

--
Have an etsy shop with over 300 sales and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)