Thursday, August 19, 2010

#193 unofficial etsy featured seller - bomobob

#193 unofficial etsy featured seller - bomobob
Date joined etsy- 3/26/08
Sales to date - 1382
-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

I live in Montreal, Canada. I spend a lot of time traveling, but have always called this city home.

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

I'll usually get out most days to take pictures, but also spend a good bit of time going through old slides, scanning, photoshopping. I'm constantly running back and forth to the labs that I use, then to the post office, then off to another lab. Sometimes it seems like I don't have time for anything else.
Regardless, I still manage to find time to garden, do renovations, cook, and all the other things that I enjoy.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I loved to draw and paint, and was pretty good too. But when I got my first camera, I was hooked. It gave me the magic ability to freeze moments in time, and it had such a profound effect on me.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

People had been bugging me for years to sell my photography, but I was never the type to blow my own horn and go around to galleries trying to sell myself. A friend told me about Etsy one day. I'd never heard of it, but as soon as I took a look, I knew it was for me.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

2 days. The 2nd sale took a month.
-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

Foods...wow, that's tough. I'll have to break it down into big chunks.
Thai
Italian
Indonesian
Vietnamese
Chinese

I don't watch much TV, but I do enjoy The Office (the original British series), Extras, United States of Tara, Top Gear, Lie to Me.

Music is another story. There's so much to be passionate about that I couldn't possibly narrow it down.

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

I do a lot of woodworking, actually, and am a very good cook and baker. I have so many hobbies and interests that it's never really occurred to me to try another. No time:)

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

Don't get too caught up in social media. It's really not all it's cracked up to be. There is no substitute for real human interaction. If you're going to promote, do it far away from Etsy, or you're just not being efficient. Sure, Etsy seller are buyers too, but they're such a tiny minority compared to all those other people out there.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

kitchenstories
kreatedbykarina
heartworksbylori

-One year from now, I hope...

Wow. I hope to be closing in on 3000 sales!

--
Have an etsy shop with over 300 sales and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)