Wednesday, March 3, 2010

#48 unofficial etsy featured seller - smoobage

#48 unofficial etsy featured seller - smoobage
Date joined etsy - 9/28/07
Sales to date - 433-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor

My name is Heather LeeAnne Feather Feet Carnegie-Koide! no kidding. I live in a beautiful fishing town in California called Morro Bay.
I do not have any offspring but I do get exited when my plants get new leaves .... I sing "lucia got a new leaf, a new lea,f a new leaf" they are all named. My husband and I together are the Moosetapus and Sea goose. I have a smoothie for dessert most nights.

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

My typical day includes waking up about 7:30 or 8, I then grab my iphone and check if I have any important mail. My husband makes coffee and I put honey and milk in mine. A bowl of cereal with berries for breakfast. Package up any orders Then I ride my bicycle into town to go to the bank,library or post office(and get exercise). when I get home I get to crafting while watching movies I rented from the library. This crafting goes on late into the night if I am on a roll,and if I am lucky my Moose will make me dinner.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

As a kid I was very creative with what I played with and usually found things outside in nature to keep my busy. I loved to have lemon aid stands! if you had a dot on the bottom of your cup you got a surprise friendship bracelet. Lemon aid was not all I sold though, one could buy grasshoppers in a jar at my booth.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

A friend of mine (jenmen.etsy.com) recommended etsy to me in September of 07. This was when I just got back from a 3 month trip throughout Mexico, I needed to make some extra cash to get into a new place.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

It took me almost two months to get my first sale!

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

foods:
avocados
tomatoes
cereal
berries
bananas

tv:
house
what not to wear
ellen
simpsons
ummm thats it

Bands:
G-love and Special Sause
Pepper
Ben Harper
Mishka
Michael Franti

-Is there anything creative you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, etc.

I would really like to try glass blowing some day! or learning to play the guitar.

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

If I could give any Etsy advice it would have to be persistence in posting new items and keeping active with using etsy features including chat,forums and treasury. Having business cards to hand out is a plus too.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

valhallabrooklyn
TomBanwell
notmoira

-By New Years Eve 2011 I hope my number of sold items is ______.

1000



--
Have a successful etsy shop and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)