Monday, March 8, 2010

#53 unofficial etsy featured seller - ingermaaike

#53 unofficial etsy featured seller - ingermaaike
Date joined etsy - 7/22/07
Sales to date - 387
-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

IngerMaaike I am called and I live in Norway since 2 years, before that we lived in the Netherlands. I am married to mr Wonderful and we have 3 boys of ages 9,11 and 13, 2 dogs and 3 cats. You can wake me up for a fresh brewed cappuchino and a bag of Bassetts winegums any time. Throw in a slice of fresh baked bread with the butter dripping off and you will have a friend for life.

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

I live an exceptionally uneventful life, I get up around 7.30 to kick the boys out of bed. They leave for school 8.30 and return 14.30. In those hours I felt, dye wool,spin yarn,take the dogs for long hikes,read books,bake bread and if I really have to also do the laundry and vacuming and other general house keeping. Once the boys are back from school I help them with homework if needed, chat with them and start cooking. We eat early here around 17.00. The rest of the evening is spent with my little laptop chatting and surfing.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I always made stuff. I am a perfectionist so I could spend weeks on making the same pair of jeans till they were absolutely perfect..now I do the same with felt. I think of something and work on it over and over again till it is perfect, then I move on the the next idea.


-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

My house was simply not big enough to hold all I made, family and friends drowned in my work and stop I could not so I had to start selling it. I am a terrible chicken so go to schops to aske them to sell my stuff was out of the question and etsy came as a gift from the place where such gifts are made :-D

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

I set up shop never thinking I would sell, but hey not tried is certain failure. So when after a while I received a mail I had sold somthing I nearly fell off my chair. But how long it took...no idea..I had forgotten all about my shop till that sale came..

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

My all time favorite music makers are the Finn brothers who played in Split Enz,Crowded House and individually as well.
I never watch tv but we do download series and such from the net and Firefly I can obsessively watch over and over again, StarTrek I love too.
Food I do not care for all too much, as long as it is fast and fairly healthy it is fine by me.
I love reading though,anything fun like Terry Pratchett, Jasper Fforde but also fantasy like George RR Martin

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

Metal working is my dream and glass melting,fusing,blowing, porcelain I would love to work with too.

What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

Join an active team, share,and make treasuries together. Nothing is quite as good as FP exposure. And be persistent but patient, always try to improve, never lean back thinking you are done.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

Matchstickgirl.etsy.com
Latouchables.etsy.com
Larimeloom.etsy.com

But truth be told by just choosing 3 I am shortchanging huge numbers of absolutely astounding artist , go look in my favorites..

-By December 31, 2010 I hope my number of sold items is

I never set myself goals like this, what comes comes. Every sale is a little gift which I treasure.




--
Have a successful etsy shop and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)