Tuesday, March 9, 2010

#54 unofficial etsy featured seller - MaggieWhitley

#54 unofficial etsy featured seller - MaggieWhitley
Date joined etsy - 7/8/08
Sales to date - 329
-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

My name is Gussy and I live in Minneapolis, MN. This summer we'll celebrate our second year of marriage. Zack and I were both raised in Michigan and recently moved to Minnesota for job opportunities. By pure coincidence, we work across the street from each other and often ride the bus to work together. We love the city life :) And coffee.

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

I get up and work 9-5 at a large advertising agency. When I get home from work, I cook dinner, chat with my hubby for about an hour, and then head to the Sweat Shop {the nickname for my sewing room} where I work on my Gussy products for a few hours. I sew ruffled accessories and have so for about 1 year now. I taught myself how to sew November 2008 and by March 2009 had developed Gussy.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I wasn't very creative growing up, but I've always had a love for organization and learning. I truly believe those two attributes have helped me be successful. When I was younger, I loved to read, ride bikes and spend time at the beach.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

I needed a place to sell my products and Etsy was a newly discovered website.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

A month? I can't remember exactly.


-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

I would love to learn how to crochet! Or at least knit more :)

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

Make sure you have a blog and that you are active with updating it. My blog has helped me grow my business -- it's been incredible!

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

www.etsy.com/shop/monikadesign
www.etsy.com/shop/marcig
www.etsy.com/shop/paintmeapicture


-By December 31, 2010 I hope my number of sold items is ______.

I sell primarily at www.shopgussy.com, but hope to have over 1,100 additional sales.


--
Have a successful etsy shop and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)