Monday, March 22, 2010

#67 unofficial etsy featured seller - valeriya

#67 unofficial etsy featured seller - valeriya
Date joined etsy - 7/18/08
Sales to date - 867
-Who are you?

My name is Valeriya. I live in central Texas with my two daughters and my husband. I don't have any pets though. Mostly because I had way to many pets when I was growing up. And I know it's a lot of work. My favorite ice cream flavor is mango tango at baskin robins.

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

My day starts off with my husband bringing me coffee at 20 to 6 before he has to go to work. Needless to say I am a coffee fanatic. Most of my time is spent at home with my lovely 2 year old daughter while I TRY to work on my two etsy shops after I take my eldest daughter to school. Then it's just homework, dinner, and then back to my sewing machine.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I was. I got my interest in working with fabric from watching my mom's best friend doing it. I also enjoy cross-stitch and knitting.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

Needed to compensate for my husband's company giving him a pay cut to shore up their losses. My friends suggested that I should try Etsy. Something I never heard of. That was 2 years ago.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?
It took about a couple weeks. My first order was for a custom pillow case. I remember it like yesterday.

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?
Stuffed cabbage, Ice Cream, Twisslers.
Greys Anatomy, House, Top Chef, Shear Genius, Project Runway.
I like all kinds of music.

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.
I would like to do soap making and candle making. If I ever get time in my life.

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?
Try to list new items more often. And re-list the old ones to keep them at the front of the search window. And Blogging.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?
KnittingCarnival, HolyCrapClothing, SewLoveFabrics.

-By December 31, 2010 I hope my number of sold items is ______.
I don't have a set number. For me it's not the numbers. It's just to enjoy doing it and making a little money on the side is a perk.

--
Have a successful etsy shop and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)