Saturday, March 13, 2010

#58 unofficial etsy featured seller -jiorji

#58 unofficial etsy featured seller -jiorji
Date joined etsy - 2/10/08
Sales to date - 328
-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

My name is Georgie and I live in Canada. I’ve been in Montreal for 4 years, and in May I’m going back to Toronto. I love to travel and nature and love observing different cultures. I have 2 cats, Twiggy and Peanut, and I also feed 2 other cats that are stray and have fostered kittens, but I’m not a crazy cat lady because I also have a guinea pig named Bubu.

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

I get up in the morning with my cat sleeping on me and her pawing at my face to feed her. Then I jump on the computer with coffee and check mail and chat with some people. In the summer I go for a morning walk or have my coffee in the garden. Around or before noon I start to do my work. Either sewing a new piece or a photoshoot of a piece that was finished the day before. I take a break when something isn’t going right, or when the sewing machine is acting up. On a regular day, I stop working at around 8pm. It’s a long day but it’s relaxing and effortless and if the mood isn’t there, I don’t do any work all day. I work because I enjoy it.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I grew up as an only child in Eastern Europe and being creative was the only thing to do to keep me occupied. I did everything from making pretend food by cutting up random weeds, to making doll furniture, to painting, to drawing. I even started knitting at a very young age.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

It’s always been a goal of mine to be self sufficient and work on my own terms. I wanted to created and live off of what I create.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

The beginning wasn’t easy. My photographs were bad and my sewing was bad. I quit for a while and then came back after a year or so. Then one of my flowers was featured in a Weekend Deals article and things took off from there.

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

I like “fun” food. I like colour and it has to be crunchy and tasty and odd but good to eat. I rarely make the same thing twice. As far as bands go, I am a huge fan of Bob Marley. He’s my number 1. I like a lot of ambient and reggae dub music, but I like music from Marilyn Manson to Kanye to Rancid to Lee Scratch Perry to Amy Winehouse. It depends on the mood and the song.

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

I’d like to try soap making one day. And enameling maybe. I just haven’t gotten around to doing it. I’m afraid that the more skills I learn, the more insane my brain will get with all my ideas of things to make.

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

The best thing to do is list something everyday. I try to go for 1 item a day because it renews your shop hits. Keeping a blog also works because it attracts fans to your work.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

IckydogCreations - http://www.etsy.com/shop/IckyDogCreations
This one you just have to take a look and see for yourself! I have 2 of her stuffies :D
dimestoreemporium http://www.etsy.com/shop/dimestoreemporium
coolest little jewelry findings !!
TwistedRiverClay http://www.etsy.com/shop/TwistedRiverClay
They have good pottery that I love.

-By December 31, 2010 I hope my number of sold items is 10000000 . Dream big :D



--
Have a successful etsy shop and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)