Thursday, September 2, 2010

#203 unofficial etsy featured seller - redpanda

#203 unofficial etsy featured seller - redpanda
Date joined etsy- 2/13/06
Sales to date - 1023-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

I'm Jessica! I'm 23 and I am live in beautiful East Nashville, Tennessee. I live with my supportive boyfriend, and besides making chainmaille I also love riding bikes and hula hooping and reading books/zines!

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

I wake up and first thing check all my emails. I've got very little time in the morning before I head out to my day job. During the day I'm a paralegal. I do that for eight hours, and I come home and work on my etsy shop! I reply to convos, make up any orders I need to for the day, and get them packaged and ready to ship the next day (I ship all orders during my lunch break at the day job). Weekends is when lots of work gets done. I save most all of my new design making/photographing/editing pictures/listing for the weekends. I drink lots of coffee. Haha.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

Yep! I was always the little girl in the family that got art kits at Christmas. :)

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

I forget! It's actually been so long ago that I don't remember how I found etsy or exactly what my motivation was. I'd been making bracelets and selling them at school, so taking them online just seemed like the logical next step.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

Three days! I joined etsy back in early 2006 when it was still a baby site, so there wasn't nearly as much competition as there is now. I was lucky!
-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

Hm. I love vegetables a lot recently. Broccoli, kale, most all fruits. I also enjoy pasta, bread, and ice cream. I don't watch much TV, but what I do watch is The Daily Show and Colbert Report, Lost, Mad Men, and Breaking Bad. I could never name my top 5 favorite bands. I'm into a lot of indie rock and dubstep lately though.

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

I wish I could paint more than anything. I took band in school instead of art classes so I just have no idea where to begin when I get a paintbrush in my hand.

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

Social networking! Get a twitter and a facebook and actively network with others. Make friends!

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

http://www.etsy.com/shop/NatalieAsIs
http://www.etsy.com/shop/savor
http://www.etsy.com/shop/brainscan

-One year from now...

I'll be better at dealing with all the various things that come along with owning a business. Still working on streamlining everything!

--
Have an etsy shop with over 300 sales and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)