Wednesday, September 15, 2010

#212 unofficial etsy featured seller - orglamix

#212 unofficial etsy featured seller - orglamix
Date joined etsy- 7/8/09
Sales to date - 11031-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

Hi, my name is Cheri Tracy ...and I'm addicted to color, sparkle & cosmetics. I live with my amazing husband (my high school sweetheart) in a suburb of Chicago. We have two girls, ages six and three, a wonderful black lab named Winston and a chatterbox blue and gold macaw named Bam Bam.

I'm not a huge fan of ice cream (candy is totally different story), but I tend to gravitate to more unusual flavors; like Green Tea, Blueberry Lavender or Strawberry Basil.

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

During the school year, I like to be out of bed by 6:00-6:30 so I can work for an hour or so before I have to get my girls up for school. I get up, brew some coffee (thank you Keurig!) and check my convos and relist everything that sold while I was sleeping. On average, I get about 50-75 convos per day. I answer them throughout the day, so I have have about 15-20 to answer in the morning.

Then it's time to wake the kids and help them get dressed, eat breakfast, pack snacks & lunch and drive them off to school. Once I drop them off, I head back to the computer to check my email, catch up on beauty news, Facebook and plan my tweets and blog posts for the day. By 10:30 I have to force myself to stop myself. I could spend all day online! I head up to my attic ‘aka lab’ to work on new colors and products or special orders and pack and pull orders that need to be shipped. Before I pick up the kids from school, I check in with Facebook, answer convos and relist.

Once they are home, we have a snack and hang out -- play, clean, laundry-- just your average family stuff. I make dinner, the girls hopefully eat what I make and dH gets home. We eat eat, give the girls a bath, read books or play a game or watch a show and then I pass out --after -of course- I've checked FB, convos and relisted.

This is my typical day; I'm grateful I'm doing something I enjoy and have the flexibility to do what I want, when I want. I'm on the board at my daughter’s preschool, a lunchroom mom and we travel frequently, so I often need to juggle my work load with real life. It’s a constant battle, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.xz

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I like to think I was creative growing up. I would rather take a trip to the arts & crafts store then anywhere else. I loved doing crafty things --hand painting furniture & clothes, making jewelry, scrapbooking to sewing my own clothes and handbags. In high school, I airbrushed a pair of suede cowboy boots rainbow. I still have them-- and they always make me smile.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

At first, my main reason for selling on Etsy was to test new formulas and colors for my own website; but I’ve been so busy, I haven't had time to build it yet.


-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

I opened my Etsy shop last year. The first day I listed something, I had a sale. Since then, I've acquired so many wonderful customers. I'm super excited since I just had my 11,000th sale.

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

Although I love color, cosmetics and creating them, I think people would be surprised to find out (shhh!) I'm not very good at the application. That’s about to change, since I'm stepping outside of my comfort zone and hectic life to go to makeup school. I can't wait!

My mind creates things a mile a minute! I'm also developing two new lines that I've been working on for the past year. I’m excited to see these come to fruition. I'd also love to learn how to make soap, but I'm afraid to start since I don't think I need another obsession.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

3 Shops I L-O-V-E
Curious Georgia - She has the cutest kids clothes.

My Polka Dot Pottery - Unique shower gifts

Single Stone Studios - Great wall decals (although I am having a hard time trying to decide)

One year from now, I hope to...

I think I've found my groove, so I'm excited to expand my reach and keep creating new and exciting products. A year from now, I hope to have someone special in every state representing Orglamix. Five years from now, I envision a retail / spa franchise that’s top-notch, yet very affordable that caters to moms.

I want to thank you for this wonderful opportunity; and all of my AMAZING customers for helping me spread the Orglamix bliss!


--
Have an etsy shop with over 300 sales and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)