Friday, September 17, 2010

#214 unofficial etsy featured seller - fashiontouch

#214 unofficial etsy featured seller - fashiontouch
Date joined etsy- 9/6/08
Sales to date - 687-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

Hi! My name is Elena Polko and I am the owner and designer behind FashionTouch –
cool knits for moms and kids. I was born in USSR, grew up in Russia and now live in
beautiful Niagara on The Canadian Side with my husband and little cute puppy named
Waco.

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

I am blessed with a very supportive husband so I am able to dedicate my time to my
creations. I wake up around 6 am and take the dog for a walk. We all will have breakfast
after and I spend time checking orders and replying to the convos/emails. I do all of the
work around the house and chat with my parents over the skype (they are still in Russia)
in the morning. In afternoon I start working on the orders and create new items. Post
office run is usually at evening and right after I go for a nice relaxing swim. I need a cup
of tea with milk and honey after, a good book or a movie. On weekends I try to spend as
much time as possible with my husband and dog and it is mostly outdoors.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

Housekeeping and creative arts are compulsory credits in Russia, so I learned how to knit
and crochet at school. Other than that, I think the rest are in my genes. My mom is a very
creative person.
-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

One of my friends suggested that should try selling my creations. At that time I started
researching how can I sell my creations online and found etsy. It was and still is lots of
fun and excitement!

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

3 days! Oh, I was doing my happy dance the whole day! The buyer was another very
successful seller on etsy, She 1st included my scarflette in her treasury and then purchased
it! I was extremely happy!

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

Food:
Pelmeni (its like perogies, but with meat)
Sushi
Tomato sandwich with bacon (the way my husband makes it)
Ribs
Seafood

TV Shows: I don’t have tv connection, mostly watching online tv from eastern Europe

Bands (this is the difficult one:):
Sade
Georgian Duduk
INXS
U2
Lady Gaga

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

I used to do pottery, it was very relaxing and enjoyable. I would like to return to that
sometime. And I also would like to learn to speak French and Italian.

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

First and the most important is to love what you are doing. Beside that, if you treat it as
hobby, it will remain a hobby, if you treat it as a business it will be a business. Therefore,
research the market and create what market will take. I’ve tried many things to promote
FashionTouch, but a picture is worth a thousand words. Etsy does their best to attract
buyers to their search, now it is you turn to make them click your thumbnail.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

morelle
Silvia66
TianaCHE

-One year from now, I hope...

Myself and my family happy and healthy, finish our house renovation, bring my parents
to Canada, and have more business on Etsy


--
Have an etsy shop with over 300 sales and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)