Tuesday, September 7, 2010

#206 unofficial etsy featured seller - tiffzippy

#206 unofficial etsy featured seller - tiffzippy
Date joined etsy- 1/9/09
Sales to date - 460
Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

My name is Tiffany; I live in Mission Viejo, California (Orange County ). I live with my boyfriend of almost 4 years now and our dog Yogi. I have been in California for almost 6 years. I am originally from Iowa, and I don’t miss the snow one bit. Favorite ice cream flavor would actually be my favorite frozen yogurt, which is the old standby vanilla.

Describe an average day in life of "you".

I have a regular full time job in marketing. I work Mon-Fri, 40 hours a week. After work, I hit the gym before heading home. We have dinner, walk the dog; then off to my craft room to die cut the night away. I will usually start the night with any orders I need to cut, then package up for mailing. If I don’t have any orders, I work on new designs. I have a blackberry so I can see how my shop is doing during the day and answer any convo’s if needed. About 2 days a week, during my lunch break, I will make a post office run.

Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I have always been creative. I had more crayons then I knew what to do with as a kid. I tried just about every craft that was out there for kids in the 80’s. I made pot holders, coasters from those small plastic beads, necklaces, friendship bracelets – you name it I tried it.

What made you want to start selling on etsy?

I found Etsy through a blog I was reading. Once I saw it, I was hooked. I mostly looked and shopped for a few months before opening my shop. I decided to open my shop once I purchased my electronic die cutter. I knew I could create things that other scrapbookers were looking for just like I was. As a scrapbooker, I know it’s hard to find just the right embellishment for your page; and this was the answer. I can die cut just about anything, including fonts.

How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

Once I had opened my shop with a few items, it took just about 2 months for my 1st sale in July. I was so excited; I didn’t even know what to do. Since then, I have grown steadily with adding new items every few days or relisting. So far in 2010, it’s really my 1st whole year on Etsy, now that I have my shop stocked up. This is my learning year to really track my items and see what sells and what doesn’t.
Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

Favorite Foods:
Chicken, pizza, french fries, a good salad and cupcakes

TV shows:
Project Runway, CSI ( Las Vegas ), Design Star and Bachelor Pad (love reality T.V.)

Bands:
This list is ever changing: Bon Jovi, Matchbox 20, Jay-z, Lady Gaga and Nickelback

Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

I have a goal to learn how to knit by the end of 2010. I have already purchased everything; I just need to sit down and do it! I always like to learn new crafty skills; I just need to make time.

What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

I joined a couple of teams on Etsy which has been great for advice, ideas and critiques. Make sure to investigate which group is the right fit for you and your shop. I also have a facebook page and twitter account for my shop. I tried a little blog advertising last year; I can’t say it brought me a lot of sales, but I do know I had more views.

3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

HeidiNoellesNiche

LavenderField

elisejoy

One year from now...

One year from now, I hope to finally have my blog and website up and running. This is on the top of my list of things to do, but I want to do it right, so it will take some time.



--
Have an etsy shop with over 300 sales and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)