Monday, September 6, 2010

#205 unofficial etsy featured seller - sweetiepiebakery

#205 unofficial etsy featured seller - sweetiepiebakery
Date joined etsy- 4/1/09
Sales to date - 622
-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

My name is Jessica Peck. I live outside of Milwaukee with my three redheaded, blue-eyed babies: Ephraim, Aeris and Jason, my husband ;) My favorite ice cream flavor is mint chocolate chip!

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

We wake up around 5:30am. No clue why! It doesn't matter what time these children go to bed, we're all up at 5:30am! The day consists of the chaos of designing, homeschooling, cooking and playing.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I remember getting a sticker book around Christmas time when I was little and decorating the walls of my closet with all the stickers inside. I think I spent hours in that closet stringing reindeer and Santa from one side to the other with stickers everywhere. I remember the feeling of pride I had looking at what I created! I just wish I could remember how it looked....That is the first design project I can remember...

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

I started selling on Etsy as a creative outlet for myself when I decided to stay home with my kids while they were young. I never expected Sweetie Pie Bakery to turn into the business that it has!

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

I got my first sale with the first 48 hours!

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

My husband is my favorite chef and I could eat asparagus risotto or prosciutto, arugula, caramelized onion pizza with a glass of Chianti every single day. I'm a reality tv junkie but love Columbo. Peter Falk is to die for! I love folk music. If you haven't heard of Josh Ritter, you're truly missing out.

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

I would love to be able to knit, but I think I'll save that learning process for when my husband and I retire to Italy.

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

I've had some amazing success in my first year for not promoting myself very much. I'm currently working on two projects that I can't say much about and that was before I even paid for one blog advertisement. I suggest just doing it for the love of it and success will follow if you create a product that deserves it! Also-take great pictures! I don't think that can ever be emphasized enough.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

BalletArt
thewheatfield
Nadinoo

-One year from now, I hope...

I hope to be doing what I'm doing! Designing in my pj's with my little ones at my feet-could it be any better?
--
Have an etsy shop with over 300 sales and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)