Saturday, September 4, 2010

#204 unofficial etsy featured seller - atelierbb

#204 unofficial etsy featured seller - atelierbb
Date joined etsy- 5/11/08
Sales to date - 451-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.
My name is Brigitte Bouquet.
I was born in Amsterdam and have moved around quite a bit over the last 8 years.
From Amsterdam to Chicago, to Sydney Australia and currently I live in Brooklyn NY together
with my husband.
Favorite ice cream: lemon sorbet!

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

We love the mornings so most of the time we are awake early.
I’ll go to the swimming pool for a few laps or to Pilates class and start in the studio at 10 am.
My studio is in the basement of our building and it’s nice and quiet there.
I have coffee/ tea breaks and a lunch stop and at night always a nice meal.
I love to cook – we love healthy food!
After dinner it’s computer-time, catching up on emails and orders.

Lately most time of the day is spent on the Wobblies, I do try to find some time for my sculptural work - http://web.me.com/bbceramics
But it’s been hard though, the Wobbly Plates fan-group is growing and growing, I’ve never been so busy.
-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I wasn’t really very creative to be honest, or at least not interested in creative stuff when I was a
kid, I was more an outdoorsy child, refusing to grow up!

The moment I discovered ceramics it immediately felt as the perfect fit.
Nothing is more beautiful and shiny than the colors of glazes.
I love the ‘dirty’ aspect of clay as well. Clay is just an amazing material, it’s so diverse.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

A friend suggested Etsy.
At that time it seemed ridiculous with my big big heavy ceramic sculptures - 220 pound and ΓΈ 5 or 6 feet!
But when I started to design the Wobbly Plates, it made a lot more sense and I decided to give it
a try.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

Well, I first claimed the name and then after a couple of weeks we made the banner.
My first Wobblies were listed a couple of months later and my first sale was weeks after that….
So it was a very very slow start

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

From Italian to Thai food, I am addicted to veggies & fruits; I love –organic!- food!
I’ll eat everything except for meat & artificial nonsense!

tv shows
Don’t like TV. So no, no shows.

and bands?
from Nick Cave to Frank Sinatra, from Amy Winehouse to Renata Tebaldi.

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

For months now I wanna learn how to weave…. behind a loom.
And see if I can use this technique in combination with ceramics.
For my sculptural work, nothing to do with the Wobbly Plates!

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

Just keep on going.
Set yourself an achievable goal and go for it!
No matter what.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

Oktak
LaLaShoes
Xenotees

-One year from now...

Still making and creating things I’m passionate about!




--
Have an etsy shop with over 300 sales and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)