Friday, September 24, 2010

#219 unofficial etsy featured seller - talk2thetrees

#219 unofficial etsy featured seller - talk2thetrees
Date joined etsy- 4/22/09
Sales to date - 395-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

My name is Rachael. I am currently living in Little Rock, Arkansas with my husband and our two crazy pets, Mowgli and Fungus. We've been moving around the country a lot in these last two years having tons of fun and crazy adventures. I love pizza, Chinese food, and anything raspberry flavored. Oh and I love chocolate.

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

I wake up around noon to my pup Mowgli begging to go "good boy outside." My day officially starts around one after I shower and get dressed (of course.) I spend about 30 minutes checking my email and answering convos. Then I finish up a few orders and run to the post office. Yes, I have actually ran there. I get home around 5 and I check any emails and blog for a little bit, maybe eat something for lunch. At 6 pm I work on orders while I watch movies until about 9 pm when my husband gets home from work. I take a short break and cook us dinner. Around 10 I get back to work filling orders. I usually go to bed around 3 or 4 am.
(I have a pretty weird schedule and eat about one meal a day.)
I take most weekends off for painting and sewing and other creative projects.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I was very creative growing up. I remember I was always drawing when I was little. I knew from an early age I wanted to be an artist. I would stay up all night while I was in high school to paint or sew. I would go to school the next day and sleep through any "non art classes."
-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

Last November I learned how to knit. I loved it so much I just kept knitting. Pretty soon I had a huge pile of hats and a husband who refused to buy me more yarn until I figured out what to do with that pile. I had an unused Etsy account already that I made before we were even married so I listed my hats and a few paintings I had done.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

I got my first sale a day or so after I listed my first item. I really have no idea how it happened because the pictures were just terrible!

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

Foods:
Pizza
Chocolate
Raspberries
Tomatoes
Fried Okra
French Fries

Tv Shows:
Ghosthunters
X-files
Family Guy
Anything on the History Channel
Shark Week

Bands:
Stars
A Fine Frenzy
Azure Ray
Bright Eyes
The Weepies

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

I would like to learn to cook better, and get better at painting.
-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

I need to learn how to promote my own shop! So far I just have a Facebook page and a blog. I would recommend a blog for sure.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

theblackapple
Blueberryshoes
Loveerica

-One year from now...

I hope to be doing exactly what I'm doing now! Waking up everyday and getting to do the things that I love without having a "real job."

--
Have an etsy shop with over 300 sales and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)