Sunday, April 25, 2010

#101 unofficial etsy featured seller - 3dots

#101 unofficial etsy featured seller - 3dots
Date joined etsy -1/10/08
Sales to date - 817-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

Hi!
My name is Lucie and i live in Québec, a french province in Canada. As well as making jewelry, i work full time as a furniture maker which keeps me very busy! I studied Arts in College and my brain is always full of new projects! I don't eat much ice cream but i just can't resist a raspberry gelato!

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

A day in my life is quite busy: get up early, check out Etsy while eating breakfast, run to work, get back home, work on new designs, fill up orders, try to "play" a tiny bit and go to bed... and here it goes again!

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

As a kid, if i wasn't catching frogs, playing in the mud or fighting with my older brother then i was cutting, drawing, painting or glueing something. As far as i can remember i've always been creative, it fills me up with happiness to "make stuff", whatever it is!

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

I found Etsy randomly while i was browsing through the internet. It was a revelation! At the time, i just started to make jewelry and i jumped in immediately! It was the begining of my little story. Once i started selling, it gave me the motivation to focus on this project and to extend my creativity by designing new jewels.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

I got my first sale 7 days after listing my first item. Exciting moment!!

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

Food: Sushi, chocolate, raspberries, veggie or shrimp pizza, strawberries directly from the field
TV: i don't watch TV
Music: (at the moment but it changes regularly)Metric, Bloc Party, Imogen heap, Emily Haines (Metric signer), The killers

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

I'm actually taking silverwork classes and i enjoy it very much! I would also love to learn screenprinting soon, it may be a summer project... I'm always experimenting new stuff so who know what's next. :)

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

First: take good pictures! Your pictures are your products! You don't have to be a clever photographer to be able to get nice shots. If necessary, you can edit and crop them to show the best of your products. I know many people uses twitter and loves it but i don't... yet. Give your customers great service with a smile even if they can't see it! Friendly and quick communication is also important but most of all: LOVE WHAT YOU DO!!

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

Naming only 3 is difficult because there are so many but here they are:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/aprilkawaoka
http://www.etsy.com/shop/valhallabrooklyn - still dreaming about owning one of her wonderful handbags!!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SharonMontrose

-By December 31, 2010 I hope my number of sold items is ...

I don't really set myself any number of sales goal but i would be thrilled to hit 1000 sales by the end of the year!!


--
Have a successful etsy shop and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)