Wednesday, April 21, 2010

#97 unofficial etsy featured seller - kissonthelips

#97 unofficial etsy featured seller - kissonthelips
Date joined etsy -10/27/09
Sales to date - 580
-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

My name is Isabella and I live in Fenton, MO with my lovely Husband. (I better keep it sweet in case he reads this! ;) Just kidding!) We love children but unfortunately we cannot have any :( Instead any free time I have I spend at the Children’s Hospital! I bring over various supplies for jewelry making and craft projects for the kids. They even set up my own “class”! :) It’s a lot of fun and I wouldn’t trade up anything for it! :)

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

Let’s see I wake up about 6am answer convo’s make my hubby some breakfast :) and I’m out the door for work by 7am. After 5pm I stop by the post office and drop off any orders, get home and me and my hubby make dinner together! Last night was homemade pizza! Yum! :) After dinner I package orders, curl up into a ball and watch my TV shows :) Right now I’m into Nip/Tuck and Gossip Girl! About twice a week I’ll visit the Children’s Hospital to see “my kids.” :)

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

Growing up I lovedddd to draw and make pottery! I ran a lemonade stand and saved and saved every summer until I had enough to buy a pottery wheel! It was so much! :) After I made 500 pots and vases I decided to try making jewelry myself. Wasn’t too great but loved doing it! I continued drawing and still do today once in awhile and love doing portraits! :)

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

I’ve been a shopper here on etsy for a longgg time and I had connections with a few suppliers and thought why not get started on doing something my own! :)

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

It took about two months until I had my first sale on Etsy! :)

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

Noodles with marinara sauce! Homemade pizza with a touch of love from my hubby! Huge fan of seafood and burgers!
Favorite singers and bands are Michael Buble, Cold Play, Goo Goo Dolls, and Chase Coy.
Favorite TV shows are Nip/Tuck, Gosspil Girls, Desperate House Wives, Family Guy, The Simpsons :)

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

I would love to get into soap making and sewing! I sewed my hubby a sweater last Christmas and he loves it! :) Even though it ended up having three sleeves! Kidding! ;) I would also love to get back into the piano. I played a few years when I was younger :)

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

Setup a blog, respond quickly AND friendly to convo’s, and be patience! :)

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Retsina,
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MADART,
http://www.etsy.com/shop/glyntpottery

-By December 31, 2010 I hope my number of sold items is 1,000.
--
Have a successful etsy shop and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)