Friday, April 2, 2010

#78 unofficial etsy featured seller - TessaKim

#78 unofficial etsy featured seller - TessaKim
Date joined etsy - 3/13/09
Sales to date - 1027-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

My name is Tessa Kim and I live in Los Angeles, California with my lovely husband Choon. We are recently married and are enjoying it to its fullest. I have a huge sweet tooth but if I had to choose one ice cream it would be mint chocolate chip:)

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

On a average day (not including days I go to school) I get up around 8 am, have some coffee with Choon and see him off to work. From there I usually reply to all my e-mails, convos and thank everyone for their purchases from the night before. After that I work on orders until about one o clock, that is when Choon comes home from his lunch break. I take about a hour break to eat with him and catch up on each others days, after that he heads back to work and I finish as many orders as possible. If I have time I will try to work on my website a bit or make a few new items. At around 7 pm I wrap up my work for the night. I try to get all of my orders done during the week so I have the weekends off:) Everyone needs a break sometimes!

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I was very creative growing up and have always done some sort of design or art. My main interests growing up were drawing and painting, which have lead me to going to school for product design.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

I started selling on etsy because I was looking for a birdcage veil and fascinator for my own wedding and decided that I could make these as well. I made one that next week and sold it a few days later!

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

I believe it was two days, I opened my store for a few weeks before actually listing anything but it was pretty quick. I was overly excited and that is where it all started.

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

favorite foods: bulgogi (marinated korean beef), bbq ribs, bruschetta, margherita pizza, and kimchi

tv shows: mad men, weeds....i really don't watch much tv :/

bands: yeah yeah yeahs, regina spektor, johnny cash, beatles, Tegan and Sara

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

I would love to learn an instrument although I have no musical talents whatsoever :/

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

I would suggest to just get out there and let everyone you know what you are doing and selling. Also to be very patient and do not give up if you don't sell an items for x amount of days, sales are always up and down and try not to let it get you down.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

*http://www.etsy.com/shop/joodito
*http://www.etsy.com/shop/hoakonhelga
*http://www.etsy.com/shop/JoliePapeterie

-By December 31, 2010 I hope my number of sold items is 1500.
--
Have a successful etsy shop and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)