Wednesday, April 28, 2010

#104 unofficial etsy featured seller - matdi123

#104 unofficial etsy featured seller - matdi123
Date joined etsy -2/5/08
Sales to date - 1083-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

My name is Diana Garrett and I have just moved (about 3 months ago) to Lakewood, Colorado from sunny San Diego. We just bought a house here so we will be moving again at the end of May! I have 2 boys ages 2 and 4 and a wonderful husband. I am originally from Ottawa, Canada and have only lived in the States for 5 years. We love it here and have no plans on going back. I love to cook, read and create.

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

My average day consists of getting up early and trying to get showered and dressed before the kids. 3 days a week, I run around like crazy trying to get everybody ready to take my eldest child to preschool. Otherwise I'm at home or at the park. If I'm home, I'm usually doing laundry, reading to my kids or playing board games with them. If they are napping, I can be caught watching reality tv on Hulu on the computer since we don't have any cable at our house. At night, I typically spend time in my office which is currently a walk in closet.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I wasn't too creative growing up. I actually had a very creative sister and I pretty much lived in her creative shadow. It's funny though, looking back, when we were creative together we often made elaborate 3D greeting cards for our loved ones - call it karma but it was what I was meant to do!

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

I started selling on Etsy as a whim. I made a few cards and after a couple of people told me I should try selling, I signed up for an Etsy shop. I never dreamed that anyone would want buy my items but I thought it was worth a shot!

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

I signed up for Etsy on Feb.5, 2008 and my first sale happened that day although it was a family member who bought. My first really official sale wasn't until April 9, 2008.

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

My favorite foods are chocolate, chocolate yogurt, peanut butter and chocolate ice cream, chocolate chip cookie dough anything, and chocolate! (Notice a theme?!)

My favorite tv shows are Survivor, The Biggest Loser, Lost, The Amazing Race and Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I don't listen to a lot of music but I really like Abba and anything from a musical.

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

I would love to try soap making and sewing. I have a soap making kit but haven't had time to break it out. I love soap and tend to collect and hoard it. It's definitely a weak point for me. I really like to be clean and I like when my soap smells fabulous. Sewing is something that I wished I had learned when I was younger. I wish I could make some cute trinket bags and other small items for my shop so we'll see if I can't learn.

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

I try to list at different points throughout the day so my items aren't all cloistered together and I try to list at least one item every day. I also favorite shops I like and buy from Etsy when possible. I try to go to the forums and chat rooms when possible just to see what's going on. I have made a few sales that way and gained many hearts.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

My favorite Etsy shops are: LemonTreeStudio, sunbasilgarden, and creativepapertrail

One year from now, I hope my number of sold items is... 2000!


--
Have a successful etsy shop and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)