Saturday, April 10, 2010

#86 unofficial etsy featured seller - 3squares

#86 unofficial etsy featured seller - 3squares
Date joined etsy - 7/18/08
Sales to date - 403-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

Hi. I’m Jean Cameron and I live in a little town on the edge of Raleigh, North Carolina. I’m married and have a 13-year old daughter and a houseful of pets – a basset hound, parrot and guinea pig. I’m a foodie at heart, so an ice cream question is perfect. Chunky Monkey is my all-time fave, but lately I’ve been addicted to blood orange gelato.

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

I’m usually out of bed by 6:30, kiss my husband goodbye at 7:00 and drive my daughter to school at 7:30. Then I spend a couple of hours on “my precious”, answering convos and emails, checking in with my etsy teams, relisting, etc. while I listen to the news and fix breakfast. Then it’s up to the studio to work on orders and new designs. I throw in a load of laundry or empty the dishwasher when I break for lunch. I package up orders and head out to the post office in the afternoon, then help my daughter with tough homework questions. Dinner in or out, tote the kid to soccer practice or watch a little tv, and finally fall asleep reading a travel guide. Dreams of Tuscany…

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

My childhood was a blast. There were tons of kids in the neighborhood and we spent our days exploring, swimming, ice skating, etc. We performed a neighborhood circus one summer and a crazy variety show another year (variety show? guess that exposes my age). I dabbled in various crafts and made a lot of gifts, especially for my parents who were good sports about it. My sister nicknamed me “Little Martha” (as in Stewart).

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

I worked demanding jobs in marketing and online usability for years, and I was burned out! My creative side had been stifled, and I knew my next career had to tap into that. I also wanted to have more time with my daughter, so working from home was a must. I found Etsy, and an opportunity to make it happen.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

About a month passed before my first sale, and that was to my sister. A couple of weeks later I had an order from a stranger, and it was cause for celebration.
-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

I love to cook and try new restaurants, so narrowing down my top 5 foods is not an easy task. But when I have a craving, it’s usually for comfort food.
Coq au vin
A big pot of homemade soup
Strawberry shortcake
Thanksgiving dinner
Barbecue Fritos

America’s Next Top Model
Barefoot Contessa
Jeopardy
Project Runway
Lifetime movies on a Sunday afternoon (please don’t tell anyone)

Sinatra
Nirvana
Patsy Cline
Disturbed
Linkin Park

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

I would love to learn how to quilt. But there is no way I can take on anything new at the moment, so it goes on the future list.

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

Be an active Etsian! Connect with other Etsy sellers, create treasuries, attend virtual labs, and join a team or two. I’m a member of JET (Jewelry on Etsy) and Etsy Project Embrace, and the support of my fellow teammates is invaluable. We make a real effort to promote each other, and it makes a huge difference.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

onegarnetgirl
opendoorstudio
uncorked

-By December 31, 2010 I hope my number of sold items is....

1000! Rolling into 4 digits by year-end would be amazing.



--
Have a successful etsy shop and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)