Thursday, April 22, 2010

#98 unofficial etsy featured seller - 11karri

#98 unofficial etsy featured seller - 11karri
Date joined etsy -2/27/07
Sales to date - 578-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

My name is Julie Ann, but I do my Etsy business under the names 10karri, 11karri, and 12karri. Karri is a childhood friend. We have three Esty shops:

"10karri FRESH TWIST ON CLASSICS" http://10karri.etsy.com
All Mid Century, Atomic and Country Household, China, Studio and Office items. And our Original items.

"11karri FORMAL TO GRUNGE" http://11karri.etsy.com
Vintage Clothing, Jewelry, Accessories for Men, Women, and Children. And our Original items.

"12karri ELEGANT JUNK SHOP" http://12karri.etsy.com
Supplies, Rusty Stuff, Bones, Toys, Broken Jewelry, Ephemera, and Destash. And our Original items.

I live in Lincoln, Nebraska with a my husband, Arlander and daughter Elise and our cat Key or here ke ke. I am not big on ice cream, but on rare occasion I'd say sugar free, fat free chocolate is my favorite.

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

All three of us have serious on going health issues, so we work as a family unit. It’s not your ability or disability but how you chose to live your life and we love life. Etsy is great because we can work when we feel good. We start our morning helping each other dress and other activities of daily living. Then when our daughter goes off to school if we can my husband and I like to sit on our sofa watch old movies, and work on our crafts or clean and prepare vintage goods to sell. The rest of the day is filled with doctor’s appointments and therapies. We sell and craft found objects with found objects we have collected over the years, so although it is fun to go out and find the prize at a thrift store or yard sale we don‘t have to and this helps us sell desirable items at a cheaper price.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

I spend mind boggling hours playing dress up and going through our old farm buildings, sheds, to find to find wonderful rusty items. I have always done jewelry, fixing or creating.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

I had met a lovely lady on eBay who I became great friends with. She sells on Etsy and asked me to try it out. I immediately fell in love with the artsy folk and better listing fees and a friendlier more honest way of doing business.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

I only put a few things on Etsy at first, but they sold fairly fast within days after I listed them. I always take the time to research going prices on the Internet, and loved to look on Etsy to see what people had interest in.

-Top 5 favorite foods, TV shows, and bands?

Any Soul food especially black eyed peas, ham hocks, and scratch biscuits. I like old movies especially really bad old syfy movies.

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, wood working, an instrument, etc.

You can’t help but be inspired by Etsy, I found that assemblage sculpture and jewelry are my favorites and my husband like to work with wood rocks and paint.

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

Concentrate on your shop, develop your shop policies and work on providing accurate, informative personalized descriptions and images that will sell and develop your brand. Etsy has some wonderful groups to join, just find one that is your cup of tea and build your networking and support. Develop your Twitter, MySpace, Facebook, blog, accounts, and I occasionally buy advertising on Etsy. Try to stay positive, and treat everyone in the same kind and respectful way. Try new things, develop your own style and what works for you, what gets you the most views, hearts and sales.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?
MaisyBrownReproRetro.etsy.com, Gayeabandon.etsy.com, MaisyBrown.etsy.com

-By December 31, 2010 I hope my number of sold items is greater than the number of items we have bought or acquired.
--
Have a successful etsy shop and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)