Thursday, April 1, 2010

#77 unofficial etsy featured seller - designhutusa

#77 unofficial etsy featured seller - designhutusa
Date joined etsy - 6/11/07
Sales to date - 632-Give us some basic info about you: name, where you live, kids/pets, favorite ice cream flavor, etc.

My name is Samantha, I’ve been living in the suburb of Chicago for more than 10 years now. My husband Tony and I just had our first baby last October, his name is Ben. We also have a Westie puppy, his name is Tama, which means ‘spirit’ in Japanese… surprisingly, it fits his energetic personality to the T. My favorite ice cream flavors are black cherry, rocky road, and sticky toffee pudding.

-Describe an average day in life of "you".

My day starts out with taking care of my baby Ben and walking my dog Tama. Then taking care of my Etsy sales, relist new items and draw new designs for future product in my drawing book.

-Were you creative growing up/what did you enjoy doing?

The creativity in me always revolved with some kind of art projects. Going back to my childhood memory, I remember one of my favorite projects was making purses out of colorful papers. The purse turns out great and I got a lot of compliments on it. Now, I used those collection of design ideas and modernize them onto my products.

-What made you want to start selling on etsy?

I love browsing through handmade items on Etsy. It is such a wonderful website for great inspirations for all artists and also for people who love art.

-How long did it take for you to get your first sale on etsy?

It took me a couple of months before I received my first sale on Etsy… believe me, it was well worth the wait.

-Top 5 favorite foods, tv shows, and bands?

When it comes to food, I’m very open with all kinds of food. I’ll try it once and see if I like it. Furthermore, my family is Thai, my favorite Thai food has to be chicken curry with white rice. My other favorite food is Korean food…who can say no to kimchi? I also love sushi and Middle Eastern food. Once in awhile, I’ll have a taste for a big tasty turkey sandwich.

As for my favorite TV shows, I often watch HGTV’s Color Splash, Design on a Dime, Food Network’s Throwdown with Bobby Flay, and Travel Channel’s Samantha Brown and Anthony Bourdain.

-Is there anything you'd like to try your hand at doing? Knitting, baking, soap making, woodworking, an instrument, etc.

I would love to try my hand on knitting. When I was little my mom often knitted sweaters for my sister and I. Sad to say, I have outgrew them. One other hobby that I want to get my hands on is, how to play a guitar, may be I’ll start this summer.

-What would you suggest to new etsy sellers to promote their shops?

I would suggest the new Etsy sellers to be consistence with their quality of product and service, and success would follow.

-3 etsy shops you just LOVE?

There are so many Etsy shops that I adore, but my top three favorite Etsy shops are:
Shlomit Ofir Jewelry Design from Tel Aviv. I just absolutely adore her work.
Wiwicoco shop from China. Their graphics are sleek.
And Bonzie shop from Ireland. Her boleros are beautiful!

-By December 31, 2010 I hope my number of sold items is …

….at least 1500 (rooting for our economy to pick-up, so artists similar as myself can really made a living out of what we enjoy doing the most).

--
Have a successful etsy shop and want to be a featured seller? Contact me at phletcher@gmail.com
As always, thanks for reading :)